Twitter: Stephen on signing our own players to long-term deals

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He should really stop mentioning Dak Prescott and maybe even Zeke. I don't like the idea of giving a RB a 2nd deal. Just use the 5th year option and franchise tag him once or twice.
Zeke is one of the best players on this team and he's proving to be a leader. HE deserves a 2nd contract here. Whether they give him one is another story.

When it comes to Dak.......I need to see more to warrant big money but if he will re-sign on a favorable contract it may be in their best interest to try and win with that and develop a quarterback along the way if they don't want to ride it out with him.

waving monkey

Reaction score
He should really stop mentioning Dak Prescott and maybe even Zeke. I don't like the idea of giving a RB a 2nd deal. Just use the 5th year option and franchise tag him once or twice.
Dak is getting his

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Zeke is one of the best players on this team and he's proving to be a leader. HE deserves a 2nd contract here. Whether they give him one is another story.

When it comes to Dak.......I need to see more to warrant big money but if he will re-sign on a favorable contract it may be in their best interest to try and win with that and develop a quarterback along the way if they don't want to ride it out with him.

I honestly think they've made up their mind to give Dak at least ONE friendly mid-level deal before thinking of another starter.

waving monkey

Reaction score
If Dak is getting another contract and staying then Garrett and Linehan need to go.

We need someone to use Daks strengths instead of trying to make him do what JG and Linehan think an offense should look like.
This is debated by the fans but if Garrett gets the Cowboys to the play offs [ next year!] Garrett gets his.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I honestly think they've made up their mind to give Dak at least ONE friendly mid-level deal before thinking of another starter.
Yeah I don't think its a long term deal but I would not be shocked one bit if they gave him a 2 year 30 million dollar deal or something along those lines.