Twitter: Stephen on signing our own players to long-term deals

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Notice the four players mentioned........especially Dak
Bottom line.....doesn't look he's changed his view about signing other teams top/mid tier level free agents.

Interesting to see Zeke there. Moving on from him after a franchise year seemed likely.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Bad idea to let them go to if they are healthy and still at the top of their game.
Everyone dogs DMurray but he had 3600 yds and 26 TDs in the 3 years AFTER he had 450 touches for DAL

Some guys can last a long time at RB and Zeke is one of those guys....he is still young and didn't take a pounding in college

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the leash extends to next year is my thinking. I'm trying to think like Jerry not what otta.
That statement Jerry made yesterday or the day before bout running out of time or not much time?
That is his drive IMO now. He has little time. Jerry doesn't have time for a new hire.

Ok, I see. My thinking is much different. I think that "running out of time" goes double for his head coach. A head coach who has had more time than anyone deserves to show what he can - and can't- do. I think Jerry "doesn't have time" to waste on a coach not getting the job done.

I think it's (finally) do or die time for Jason Garrett. Get this team to the playoffs or we'll bring in someone who will.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if Lawrence wants to have a chance to be on a winning team he may want to move on next year most of the players in recent years that have wanted a chance to win have had to go to different teams

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Notice the four players mentioned........especially Dak
Bottom line.....doesn't look he's changed his view about signing other teams top/mid tier level free agents.

How old is this guy ?
Has a MIT degree ?! OK US degrees are not worth mentioning but anyways...

He is what ? 20394802398498234 years old and now realizes that problem ?!

Come on man. You can do better!

get some medical help for your father and hire a GM fast!

birdwells1

Reaction score
The Cowboys are afraid of going into the free agency because they don't want to look like fools. They have went the complete opposite direction that they used to go in but that's the wrong decision it can be building through the draft but it has to be making some key free agent acquisitions. Someone told them that it looks smarter to build through the draft, and it's all they care about is looking smart.

lk8701

Reaction score
No mention of Jaylon Smith??

There's probably no way we can pay all of our stars after the 2019 season.

Dak
Zeke
Byron Jones
Jaylon Smith
Amari Cooper

Plus starters...
La'el Collins
Jeff Heath
Anthony Brown
Randy Gregory
Maliek Collins

I mean, dang.

Dak belongs on the plus staters list not the stars list.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke also plays a position that shows a steep drop in performance on average after a certain age relative to other positions.

So it doesn't really matter what he deserves. It's what is best for the Cowboys.
What's best for the Cowboys is to bring back their best player regardless of what position he plays. Zeke means more to this team then some second tier or third tier back you will get to replace him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Cowboys are afraid of going into the free agency because they don't want to look like fools. They have went the complete opposite direction that they used to go in but that's the wrong decision it can be building through the draft but it has to be making some key free agent acquisitions. Someone told them that it looks smarter to build through the draft, and it's all they care about is looking smart.
They just tried to sign Sammy Watkins and traded for Cooper. That doesn't strike me as someone who is afraid to get vets.

jsb357

Reaction score
Dak is getting his

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Everyone dogs DMurray but he had 3600 yds and 26 TDs in the 3 years AFTER he had 450 touches for DAL

Some guys can last a long time at RB and Zeke is one of those guys....he is still young and didn't take a pounding in college
Try 2,648 yards rushing at 3.9 YPC for the next 3 years then out of the league. You should check with Eagles and Titans fans and see if they feel like they got their moneys worth. Giving yards from scrimmage is a dead give away that you feel the need to deceive in order to prove your invalid point. Are you sure he didnt return a few kicks?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Steeler tried that .........
And they’re doing fine because they picked another RB.

I would never do a 2nd contract on a RB or WR, there are too many in the draft and FA almost every season.

The Steelers are not the best example as they created their own problem with that Brown contract.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Try 2,648 yards rushing at 3.9 YPC for the next 3 years then out of the league. You should check with Eagles and Titans fans and see if they feel like they got their moneys worth. Giving yards from scrimmage is a dead give away that you feel the need to deceive in order to prove your invalid point. Are you sure he didnt return a few kicks?
So Passing Yards don't count any more

what a stupid thing to say and easy way to lose a debate

I guess his receiving TDs out of the 26 total don't count either......durrrrrrr