Twitter: Stephen on the trio of Coop, Gallup and Lamb: "our fans haven't seen anything like it"

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had two 1,000 yard receivers and a guy who had 800 plus and Still miss the playoffs, forgive me for not being too excited.
Apples and oranges. Jones is talking about the offense. It wasn't the reason for failure to win in January.

You are talking about HC/staff, inconsistent defense and league worst special teams. Those are what cost the Cowboys wins in January.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Apples and oranges. Jones is talking about the offense. It wasn't the reason for failure to win in January.

You are talking about HC/staff, inconsistent defense and league worst special teams. Those are what cost the Cowboys wins in January.

Been that way for a long time. Bad coaching and defenses. The last 3 seasons the defense has been decent especially 2018.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
Great! Nice job, Stephen.

We should now expect at least one out for the season after the first game. Be sure to top that off with some off field issue for another. And, I think we'll round that off with the last one suddenly underperforming as a result of the constant double teams.

Go ahead, Stephen, care to comment on the offensive line?

Apparently Stephen forgot, they aren't selling tickets this season.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Been that way for a long time. Bad coaching and defenses.
The last 3 seasons the defense has been decent especially 2018.

But not "decent" enough. I'm betting on Mike McCarthy to start changing that shortcoming.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had two 1,000 yard receivers and a guy who had 800 plus and Still miss the playoffs, forgive me for not being too excited.

Take comfort that the long-standing 'anchor' that was holding the team back has finally been tossed overboard.

tenor.gif

johneric8

Reaction score

You're right, our special teams and defense should of gotten us to the super bowl... It's still hard to believe we failed Garrett and our amazing coaching staff either.. what a pity we didn't take advantage :facepalm:

mathew1184

Reaction score
Is it possible to have THREE 1000 yards WRs in a season? Trying not to put the cart before the horse, but I can't imagine ANY defense stopping ALL three for an entire game.

Hes sounding more and more like his dad.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Chargers under Coryel with Dan Fouts at QB had two receivers and a TE with a thousand yards in a season.

The WR's were Charlie Joiner and Jon Jefferson and the TE was Kellen Winslow Sr.

All three were selected 1st team All Pro.

InTheZone

Reaction score
no excuses why the offense doesn't score 5 tds a game (at least 3 before the 4th quarter)
*looking at you Dak*.