Twitter: Stephen on the trio of Coop, Gallup and Lamb: "our fans haven't seen anything like it"

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We had two 1,000 yard receivers and a guy who had 800 plus and Still miss the playoffs, forgive me for not being too excited.

Unfortunately, defense and special teams matter. Sooner or later the Joneses, and some fans, will figure that out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly the potential exists this might be the best accumulation of wr's on any team ever. There have been some phenomenal twosomes, but i can't recall any threesomes as good. (No double entendre intended).

I hope you are right, but as excited as I am to see this group, I’m tapping the brakes with Lamb being unknown at the NFL level and Cooper seemingly having some problems with nagging injuries Last year.

I put some thought into strong trios, and it took some time, but Harrison, Wayne and Stokely came to mind.

I thought of Driver, Nelson and Cobb in GB a few years ago, but I’m not sure they all had top seasons in the same year. Of course, that might how it works out in Dallas too. It could end up that as Lamb starts into his stride in a year or two either Gallup or Cooper has to be waived or traded for salary cap reasons, or possibly we may not see the full effect of the 3 statistically because it really is true that there are only so many balls to go around.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Clearly the potential exists this might be the best accumulation of wr's on any team ever. There have been some phenomenal twosomes, but i can't recall any threesomes as good. (No double entendre intended).

Didn't Vikes have Randy moss, cris carter and jake reed,, ?

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
Another nice trio that I didn’t see mentioned was the 2002 Raiders with Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, and Jerry Porter. Definitely older but they were still pretty lethal together.

Also the 2004 colts had a nice trio. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Stokley

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Is it possible to have THREE 1000 yards WRs in a season? Trying not to put the cart before the horse, but I can't imagine ANY defense stopping ALL three for an entire game.

Be real.:rolleyes:
Gallup is pedestrian.:omg:
There is only one ball.
Lamb and Coop will have to compete.

Tossed by an average QB.:oops:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Not sure. He didnt seem to care about defense in green bay.

He had a better defense than we did. That's why we kept losing to him. Our defense couldn't stop them when we needed to.
Plus the 1st thing MM did was add 3 good DTs to our defense. Poe, McCoy, and Gallimore. We needed that badly.
Are you just upset because they were unable to fill every single spot with an elite high dollar player like Jamal Adams? I think they've done a pretty good job this off season for the defense.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Be real.:rolleyes:
Gallup is pedestrian.:omg:
There is only one ball.
Lamb and Coop will have to compete.

Tossed by an average QB.:oops:

You're SOOOO optimistic! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
A lot of teams would kill to have the same WR corps we have. And before it's over, they might end up with our QB as well.

Last edited:

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Take comfort that the long-standing 'anchor' that was holding the team back has finally been tossed overboard.

tenor.gif
If the anchor was tossed overboard, wouldn't that slow us down even more??:muttley:

ondaedg

Reaction score
We had two 1,000 yard receivers and a guy who had 800 plus and Still miss the playoffs, forgive me for not being too excited.

We had 4 takeaways in 8 losses. That was league worst, historically awful and a recipe for losses no matter what you have going on at offense. Any scheme change on defense will improve that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Unfortunately, defense and special teams matter. Sooner or later the Joneses, and some fans, will figure that out.

Special teams? The only job for Special teams is to not screw it up for the rest of the team.

Defense is very important though and right now our front 7 has holes.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't Vikes have Randy moss, cris carter and jake reed,, ?
Good memory, although I think Reed was declining by the time Moss arrived. Of course, part of that may have been Reed taking a back seat to Carter and Moss. It's tough to spread the ball around to 3 WRs enough that they are all top threats.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
  • Dallas fans had never seen anything like the trio of .....S.Jones,J.Jones, and J.Garrett either ! What a combo lol.
  • And it lasted a decade ! ugh :thumbdown:
  • We need this season to recover and get that out of our brains.:flagwave: otherwise it will linger on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • Dallas fans had never seen anything like the trio of .....S.Jones,J.Jones, and J.Garrett either ! What a combo lol.
  • And it lasted a decade ! ugh :thumbdown:
  • We need this season to recover and get that out of our brains.:flagwave: otherwise it will linger on.
hijacked.jpg