Twitter: Stephen on the trio of Coop, Gallup and Lamb: "our fans haven't seen anything like it"

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He had a better defense than we did. That's why we kept losing to him. Our defense couldn't stop them when we needed to.
Plus the 1st thing MM did was add 3 good DTs to our defense. Poe, McCoy, and Gallimore. We needed that badly.
Are you just upset because they were unable to fill every single spot with an elite high dollar player like Jamal Adams? I think they've done a pretty good job this off season for the defense.

No they wanted way too much for adams. Not really high in the poe or mccoy signings but its new blood at least. Hopefully a change of scenery helps them and dix also.

Brax

Reaction score
Kool Aid’s flowing strong, have a receiver that doesn’t show up in road games and another guy who hasn’t even played a snap in the NFL and we suddenly have the best trio in the league and possibly ever :rolleyes:
The kool aid goes with the secret sauce, results may vary....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe... only one ball, so they say.

True but the opportunity for big plays considering you can't double everyone. Put Cooper or Gallup or Lamb in one on one situation I like each guys chance of making a big play

blueblood70

Reaction score
We had two 1,000 yard receivers and a guy who had 800 plus and Still miss the playoffs, forgive me for not being too excited.
difference is we wont start the season with Maher, Garett, Richard, and Marinelli and whoever that ST coach was,,that alone will change things,

we lost enough games due to ST and defense that if we have anything close to the same offense , it should get us to the playoffs

i do get your point though..we need less stats and more wins, score more, keep them from scoring less lol

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope you are right, but as excited as I am to see this group, I’m tapping the brakes with Lamb being unknown at the NFL level and Cooper seemingly having some problems with nagging injuries Last year.

I put some thought into strong trios, and it took some time, but Harrison, Wayne and Stokely came to mind.

I thought of Driver, Nelson and Cobb in GB a few years ago, but I’m not sure they all had top seasons in the same year. Of course, that might how it works out in Dallas too. It could end up that as Lamb starts into his stride in a year or two either Gallup or Cooper has to be waived or traded for salary cap reasons, or possibly we may not see the full effect of the 3 statistically because it really is true that there are only so many balls to go around.

He was highly coveted and a "steal". SO there's good reason to be hopeful. Yes...always potential for a bust/injury but the kid got game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The kool aid goes with the secret sauce, results may vary....

I'm one that's not afraid of some kool aid. I know...all the tough kool kids kick the stand as they bully by.....I'll have a glass please! :rolleyes:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
True but the opportunity for big plays considering you can't double everyone. Put Cooper or Gallup or Lamb in one on one situation I like each guys chance of making a big play
Good point.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was highly coveted and a "steal". SO there's good reason to be hopeful. Yes...always potential for a bust/injury but the kid got game.
I'm definitely hopeful, but I'm always a bit cautious with my predictions when it comes to a rookie.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone needs to grab the Jones boys by the lapels and get this message across:
When your team hasn’t won even a divisional playoff game in 25 years, stop the “sales job” and let the results on the field do the selling. If we win something of note, then brag and “sell”.

PS- Hey Stephen...we as Cowboys fans have seen something like this before- Drew Pearson, Tony Hill, Butch Johnson....Michael Irvin, Alvin Harper, Kelvin Martin.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone needs to grab the Jones boys by the lapels and get this message across:
When your team hasn’t won even a divisional playoff game in 25 years, stop the “sales job” and let the results on the field do the selling. If we win something of note, then brag and “sell”.

PS- Hey Stephen...we as Cowboys fans have seen something like this before- Drew Pearson, Tony Hill, Butch Johnson....Michael Irvin, Alvin Harper, Kelvin Martin.

Most importantly we saw the trophies.