Twitter: Stephen QB/Cap - Comments

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Let’s say he plays the last season on his rookie deal this year and leads us to and wins a SB. Would he be worth it then..

Depends what he plays like.

Joe Flacco wasn't worth his contract and his team suffered because of it.

Russell Wilson is better then Dak but give me Dak at 20ish million over Wilson at 35 any day because they are similar.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think it's a message to Dak and his agent
Win first.

Then get paid.

I can not imagine us paying him huge money until he proved himself.

His big opportunity was when Zeke was suspended.

He was not able to shoulder the load.

We missed the playoffs.

Zeke returns, wins the rushing title and DAK rides high again in '18.

Plus they had to add Cooper at a high price to bolster DAK.

This drives down what DAK is worth.

If you have to pay 2 Mega stars not to mention an All Pro OL to make it all work..

where is the value for DAK?

Its down around the middle of the pack until that changes.

Now if it changes and DAK emerged as. Top 3 QB in the next couple of years..

you can tear up his deal and increase his contract.

But not before.

Nobody in their right mind thinks of DAK as the most important player on this team.

We shall see.

:rolleyes:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Win first.

Then get paid.

We missed the playoffs.

If you have to pay 2 Mega stars not to mention an All Pro OL to make it all work..

But not before.

Nobody in their right mind thinks of DAK as the most important player on this team.

We shall see.

While I agree with what you said, Dak needs to win something first before he gets paid, the league is not set up that way. You get paid when you hit free agency. Unfortunately Dak hits free agency after this year. So you have to pay him or let him walk.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dak’s agent would laugh in your face. Grappolo and cousins is getting $28 a year. Neither have ever won a playoff game. You think Dak and his agent are taking less than that?

Not happening.

I don't, and that's why I'm waiting. The difference between $28 million and $35 million is not as much as the difference between having a franchise quarterback and not having a franchise quarterback.

Wilson is clearly a franchise QB and he got paid like it. I'm not sure we can define what Dak is yet. I'd rather wait to not possibly make the mistake of paying $28 million for a good quarterback instead of a great one.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Win first.

Then get paid.

We missed the playoffs.

But not before.

We shall see.

A lot of us think he is mid to upper of the pack. But the FO is the ones wanting to get him signed now. That’s the scary part if you don’t believe in him as being a franchise QB is that JJ and SJ do. Lol

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Dak’s agent would laugh in your face. Grappolo and cousins is getting $28 a year. Neither have ever won a playoff game. You think Dak and his agent are taking less than that?

Not happening.

That's why you start low and work your way up, be a fool to start high, because those fools will say that is not enough. I work in the finance industry been thru this before.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Is Dak a top 5 QB? Top 10? I think he's probably in the 8-12 range. I wonder what the contract that actually reflects that would look like.

conner01

Reaction score
A team game. I know brady is a unique situation and has a better hc. But he took less so he could have other quality around him to help.

Obviously Dak isn’t brady, Lol. Not comparing the 2, but wondering if Dak would think about taking a little less so we could sign Cooper easier.

Of course it really only works when the whole team stays cap friendly. A qb signs for 5 mil a year less so it can help sign other players but then another player gobbles it up on his contract. Lol.
This is Daks first real contract. Asking a guy to take less on a 3rd or 4th contract is totally different. Brady didn’t take less then either. Brady has made about 200 mil
Dak May take less than he could get on the market but not much less. If you think Dak can win for you then pay him. If you don’t let him play out and start over again

conner01

Reaction score
Let’s say he plays the last season on his rookie deal this year and leads us to and wins a SB. Would he be worth it then..
Much more
That’s the delima
He’s never gonna be cheaper than now. But once you sign him he has to be the answer for probably atleast 4 years
This is a huge decision. Make a mistake and it costs you. Be too cautious and that can cost you

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
While I agree with what you said, Dak needs to win something first before he gets paid, the league is not set up that way. You get paid when you hit free agency. Unfortunately Dak hits free agency after this year. So you have to pay him or let him walk.
Ahuh..

So he needs to win or he walks.

Easy answer.

Garrett has been told the same thing supposedly.

That is the way it works.

Win and get paid keep your job.

Simple.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That's why you start low and work your way up, be a fool to start high, because those fools will say that is not enough. I work in the finance industry been thru this before.
If I am Dak’s agent, we start with Cousins deal, that’s the floor. That’s $28 a year with $87 guaranteed.

Don’t waste my time with any offers below that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ahuh..

So he needs to win or he walks.

Easy answer.

Garrett has been told the same thing supposedly.

That is the way it works.

Win and get paid keep your job.

Simple.
Dak’s agent would respond, if you don’t want to pay my client, another team will. Isn’t free agency great!

And with Wilson’s new deal, the franchise tag will be close to $30 million next year.

So you paying Dak or letting him walk?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I get why but we invested the top 5 pick and he will give us 5 more quality years at least.

I'd sign him.

If we fall off we could always trade him. Someone will want the best back in football.

All I can say is I believe in Dak and while I do not see him getting the top money nor should he I do think he and the Cowboys will come to an agreement and I think Dallas can win with him.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If I am Dak’s agent, we start with Cousins deal, that’s the floor. That’s $28 a year with $87 guaranteed.

Don’t waste my time with any offers below that.

Just saw on MSN the next QB's in line after Wilson deal they have Dak in around $24M which is more in line and would be around 9th, we cant help that the Vikes got taken to the cleaners and over paid when they thought they needed a QB to get them to the SB. As my friend said his mom use to say when growing up " now they went from sugar to s---.