Twitter: Stephen QB/Cap - Comments

blueblood70

Reaction score
LLLOOLLL, agree my man. But you will hear but the going rate, who cares that the vikes overpaid because they thought they were a QB away. We dont have to be stupid like them and put themselves in cap hell. Just because one person jumps off the Empire State building who will follow that lead?
yup that 15 per year Case Keenum guy sure looks good right about now :))

blueblood70

Reaction score
Where was this talk during the 10+ starting seasons of Romo and his 2 huge at-the-time franchise record costly extensions?
that was chump change compared to now and at least with Romo regardless of championships misses, he owns all our QB records and that shows he earned his money because as player stats do count toward success(just like a normal job where a company can be in the red but CEO gets PAID big bonus) and he put up tons of numbers and made ton of WR/TE some big money as well..he produced at high level stat wise, passing, Dak hasn't proved that as of yet..we arent living in the past just trying to save the future :()

Dak hasn't got on Romos level IMO as QB, sure aplayer , a team guy, 100% effort, I like him but QB passing stats, no..

J12B

Reaction score
Dak's play is simple.

Play this year well enough on his current deal.

Take the $332 million franchise tag in 2020.

Take the tag again in 2021, which has an auto increase to about $38 million.

Enter free agency and grab the mother load.

That is....as long as you play really well.

Injuries are low risk for quarterbacks in terms of recovery and longevity.

This is the worst advice ever.

Dak is needs security due to his mobility. He HAS to make play with his legs in order to be a winning QB.

He should take the money now.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
you are banned:facepalm:
Yeah..

Too much reality.

I want to win.

Been following this team for 50 years.

The last 25 have been agony.

When I watch how other teams have not been afraid to pull out the stops and take championships..

I have grown tired of watching the Jones spin the money wheel making themselves enormously wealthy..

while the fans have to spit in the wind waiting for some happiness.

It's time to either win or just stop fooling ourselves.

blueblood70

Reaction score
True.

But depending on who that QB is..I do.

Back when Romo was first emerging..

Drew Brees was supposedly washed up with the Chargers with a bad shoulder.

We could have pursued him but our owner preferred to stay with Tony.

We would have been very different with Brees.

Payton Manning also had a bad shoulder at Baltimore.

He left and went to Denver and won 2 titles.

While he QB he was replaced by 6 years later has won little.

Frankly, with this team right now I would rather have Eli Manning than DAK.

I would take Eli and his $23 mil contract..

let DAK and his projected $30 mil deal go..

and take my chances to win now.

If NY drafts a QB and suddenly Eli is released..

I think hard and long about it.

:grin:
first off you lose all credibility using Pmanning and Baltimore, he played for Indy, what decade are you stuck in LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah..

Too much reality.

I want to win.

Been following this team for 50 years.

The last 25 have been agony.

When I watch how other teams have not been afraid to pull out the stops and take championships..

I have grown tired of watching the Jones spin the money wheel making themselves enormously wealthy..

while the fans have to spit in the wind waiting for some happiness.

It's time to either win or just stop fooling ourselves.
No ELi is the enemy he washed up NYG and wanting him over dak is insane.. I get your point on the money but bad choice you arent a Cowboy Fan wanting mush mouth horse face over there..site better example maybe go grab a different VEt someone at least better then Dak who isnt the enemy..off with your head man!!

glimmerman

Reaction score
They happen but they are rare
I’m torn
Part of me says we can win with Dak so sign him
Part of me says we can win but can’t win it all
I’m kinda glad it’s not my decision to make because it’s a huge one
It’s a expensive decision. Lol. I think we can win with him. And we have already made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. The FO thinks they can win with him and they are going for it. At least they say they are. So if they are going to do it anyways then let’s get him as cheap as we can.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
first off you lose all credibility using Pmanning and Baltimore, he played for Indy, what decade are you stuck in LOL
Sorry bro..

Did not see the typo.

Thanx for the correction.

You get my point I am sure.

Credibility..?

Hmmm..been a ticket paying fan since 1965.

My money is my credibility.

And you..your investment in the team is your Zeke jersey?

Please...:omg:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
that was chump change compared to now and at least with Romo regardless of championships misses, he owns all our QB records and that shows he earned his money because as player stats do count toward success(just like a normal job where a company can be in the red but CEO gets PAID big bonus) and he put up tons of numbers and made ton of WR/TE some big money as well..he produced at high level stat wise, passing, Dak hasn't proved that as of yet..we arent living in the past just trying to save the future :()

Dak hasn't got on Romos level IMO as QB, sure aplayer , a team guy, 100% effort, I like him but QB passing stats, no..
Dak has better stats in just about every category his first 3 years than Romo did during his first 3 years as a starter.

You were saying?

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dak needs to wait till after he wins a couple of SBs after this contract to breaks the bank on his 3rd contract

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak needs to wait till after he wins a couple of SBs after this contract to breaks the bank on his 3rd contract
Did Romo wait?

Nope.

Never once heard anyone ask for Romo to win a SB first before demanding and accepting any of his 2 huge contract extensions.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dallas has leverage here because they can let him walk and it's not a big deal.

The QB's accepting big deals are not winning titles.

It's elite QB's taking pay cuts and Rookie contract guys having the success.
They could take that approach but they would be bluffing and I believe it would be an obvious bluff. The Cowboys FO isn't the least bit interested in letting Dak walk. So that "so-called" leverage you claim Dallas has only existed in your imagination. It's in no way realistic for the Cowboys to take that approach because it would be a very big deal to lose him over money. We don't agree because we have different opinions about the man's value. I'm right and you are just so wrong.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If I am Dak’s agent, we start with Cousins deal, that’s the floor. That’s $28 a year with $87 guaranteed.

Don’t waste my time with any offers below that.
Agreed, so I just wouldn't make an offer if I heard that.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No ELi is the enemy he washed up NYG and wanting him over dak is insane.. I get your point on the money but bad choice you arent a Cowboy Fan wanting mush mouth horse face over there..site better example maybe go grab a different VEt someone at least better then Dak who isnt the enemy..off with your head man!!
No..but funny reply...you had me grinning.

I have nothing but respect for Manning.

He is a tough competitor and if we had him with our OL and running game..

we could be very very good.

DAK will never read defenses as good as Eli.

Just my opinion.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
HAHAHA...all of the Dak haters are already having an epic meltdown on the forum!

:muttley:

Wait until that $28 - $30 million / season new contract extension finally gets agreed upon...

This place is going to light up! :omg::flagwave::laugh:

:popcorn:
Would you rather pay him 30 million than 20 million? Are you a fan of the player or the team?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Every QB can be called a bus driver. I mean, there job is to control the game, on both sides of the ball if we are being honest. Some QBs can put the talent, the tangibles, the knowledge all together and become the transcending players that you occasionally see but those QBs are few and far between and even then, those QBs play within a scheme so even those guys are bus drivers if you look at it that way. If the bus driver drives you all the way to a championship, who cares if they are bus drivers? I don't.

JMO

Chuck 54

Reaction score
As a fan, I try not to worry about salaries. I have opinions, but in the end, I could care less how much or how little players or coaches earn. Whatever team is on the field on Sunday, I enjoy and hope they win. Once the season starts, I really just don’t care.