Twitter: Stephen seem to imply Taco is on the trading block

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
They must view Taco's preseason performance as a fluke against bad competition because his stock has never been higher and they seem intent on capitalizing on that.

It makes me happy to say I'm not even sure what position they'd try to improve, our roster has sound depth all around and you aren't getting a starter in exchange for Taco.

My guess is a 4th round pick, maybe a 3rd. Sometimes coaches are convinced that a player can be made into something if they just get the player in their film room or on their practice field. I think this effect could make him worth a 3rd.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
There was talk about trading with the Raiders - Taco for SS Karl Joseph, who himself has been a disappointment in Oakland.

I don't know if that was speculation, just a rumor, or if there was ever any substance behind the rumor.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Of course, he is on the trading block. He has been for the whole camp.
The Giants have a horrible pass rush so maybe they would trade for him. I doubt it though.
Miami might be interested. Yes, they are tanking but they don't want to be so obvious that no one shows up. And they have more picks than they can use.
An injury here or there and teams might be calling. Never know.
Taco will not be a Cowboy next year and may have already saw his last action as a Cowboy last year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not saying Taco is suddenly Derrick Thomas, but I'm not sure can afford giving DEs away after watching yesterday. I'd give Taco another shot first

I really think they just have so many guys they like that are under contract for awhile that they just want something for him because they don't see him having a future here.

WE have a ton of DE prospects, Quinn coming back, and I will not be surprised if Gregory is reinstated sometime soon.

Jumbo075

Reaction score

It's not like he needed to take a shower. This is a non-issue to me - especially if Taco has already been told he's being traded. We simply don't know. The Cowboys could be holding out for their trading partner to up the ante...

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I hope we can get a round 5 pick for him. Otherwise I would just keep him as a back up in the event of injury.