Twitter: Stephen thinks Taco will be fine

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep.

I wanted Watt and Tak McKinley as a consolation. In my eyes, there was value in taking a pass rusher like those two as they could be rotated in on obvious passing downs to bring pressure while developing as complete players.

After we went with Taco it seemed clear to me we wanted a guy that had the physical frame and make up to become a full time 43 DE (Taco’s test metrics are very similar to Joey Bosa’s).

With all that said, I agree that Taco may not be the sole answer but part of the solution. I don’t know if he has the right approach/mentality to fill that role though as he may think he’s just a fresh start away (new team) from being a starter in this league.

The tape this year didnt seem bad at all. He was able to get some pressure and showed alot of hussle on run downs. He should up alot chasing plays on the backside. But it seems like it was alot of stuff that doesnt show up film that has him in the doghouse

lkelly

Reaction score
He averaged 17.5 in 6 games, which includes the trainwreck opener (10 snaps) and the game where he was injured in left early. Its 21 snaps per game if you include Special Teams.

Unless he's the center, snaps != touches.