Stephen: "We don't define 'all-in' by what you spend in free agency"

Jarntt

Reaction score
We don't define 'all in' by what you spend in free agency. It's keeping the core (together)."

No. It is not keeping together a core that has failed time and again together. When you come up short and keep re-signing the same "core" and keep doing all of the same things year after year, you will absolutely just guarantee that you will come up short again

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So they're all in by accepting that a playoff victory and early exit is perfectly fine. If they're going to recycle the same roster with a couple minor tweaks they have no reason to not extend McCarthy. By Stephens definition MM is accomplishing the goal every year.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
We don't define 'all in' by what you spend in free agency. It's keeping the core (together)."

No. It is not keeping together a core that has failed time and again together. When you come up short and keep re-signing the same "core" and keep doing all of the same things year after year, you will absolutely just guarantee that you will come up short again
If you’re always “all-in”, you’re never “all-in”.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score

Also, being all in is absolutely defined by free agency moves. In NFL terms, it’s doubling down with FA signings in what’s perceived as a Super Bowl window. It’s what we’re seeing from teams like Houston and Philly. Not sure what Stephen is trying to communicate.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All in on being the same.
Except this year they are not the same, they are doing less at this point.

We lost 8 FA's, have 8 left. Most which can be replaced.
We could see Tyron returning at this point, as well, Gilmore, even McKeon and Dowdle for at least camp bodies. Not thrilling on the last 2.
Hankins probably returns depending the draft. Don't look for any movement on any of our own except maybe Tyron and Gilmore, until after the draft.

We have 27 open roster spots. 7 which will be from the draft.
That will be a lot of new faces.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
No, that's the very definition on going "all in" Jones Jr. Buying talent and taking risks. That's why it's called ALL IN.

I have to keep asking myself why I chose this team to sink my heart into? If only I had a crystal ball back then.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

We really have to let this go. To be fair, it's more a reflection on fans who believed him rather than what Jerry said.
A desperate fan base, believing an octogenarian who's hardly ever paid out for any, let alone elite, FA's = extreme disappointment.
First rule of Cowboys random, don't believe the hype.

Creeper

Reaction score
All in is doing what is necessary to fill the obvious holes in the roster. So far we have done nothing to really address the problems on the DL and stopping the run. Nor have we done anything to improve the running game on offense. At this point we are whistling past the grave yard.

Big_D

Reaction score

He actually said keeping the core together? WOW They will never get it apparently. If they had the money every single Cowboy would've been back. That's how disturbing this situation is. Back to dumpster diving. He even mentions trying to get the fans a championship which is laughable at this point cause it's never going to happen. After this complete disaster of an offseason hope is officially out the window.

Flamma

Reaction score
Then they are redefining the term. If you're going to do that, you should let people know. Or else people are going to assume what it actually means.

Most of us knew they weren't going all in. But even I thought they would do a little something different than the norm. But nope.