Stephen: "We don't define 'all-in' by what you spend in free agency"

Big_D

Reaction score
Hard being a Cowboys fan last 30 years

Real hard…

Jerry was anazz for for most of those 30 and they had no shot at all. This team here 'could've made some noise and they still did nothing. These past few years are worse than the other 2 and half decades cause they actually had a legitimate shot. This offseason officially put that last nail in the coffin. Hope has passed on.. RIP.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GItet3cWoAEj93g

Jerry Jones: "Son! Look up in the sky!"
Stephen Jones: "Is that a bird? No. A plane maybe?"
Jerry Jones: "Naw. It's... It's a gigantic middle finger..?"

Havic

Reaction score
Yeah, they really had the path to at least get to a Championship game. The eagles meltdown gifted them an easier path.....that's why our frustration was all time high after the Packers game.

I just don't see us getting that opportunity again soon.....
49ers, Detroit, and greenbay is rising.

On paper Dallas looks to be about the 6th best team in the nfc

Reactions: JPM

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
All in comes from no limit poker, where you push your entire stack in the middle. The cowboys decided to fold, not go all in.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I don't think this **** knows what all-in means, then

jgboys1

Reaction score
Sounds like the Cowboys have been, "all in" for the past 28 years and counting.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
As I said Jerry and his son only want to win their way. If they can't win their way and their way only then they would rather see the franchise go another 20 years without a Super Bowl, then to win one in the near future by admitting to their mistakes and changing how they run this franchise.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
As I said Jerry and his son only want to win their way. If they can't win their way and their way only then they would rather see the franchise go another 20 years without a Super Bowl, then to win one in the near future by admitting to their mistakes and changing how they run this franchise.
They definitely want to do things their way, but they don't care about winning anything meaningful.They just want to win enough to stay relevant and make more money. Their position as owners and GMs compromises football operations because the money side decisions win out.

The resources they put into growing the brand trump the resources of fielding a winning team.

The desire to create an entertaining atmosphere trumps a culture conducive to winning.

Its even evident to me that major personnel decisions are swayed by marketability.

I really cannot stand how this team is run.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They definitely want to do things their way, but they don't care about winning anything meaningful.They just want to win enough to stay relevant and make more money. Their position as owners and GMs compromises football operations because the money side decisions win out.

The resources they put into growing the brand trump the resources of fielding a winning team.

The desire to create an entertaining atmosphere trumps a culture conducive to winning.

Its even evident to me that major personnel decisions are swayed by marketability.

I really cannot stand how this team is run.
more and more media and fans are starting to realize this , and they dont like it.
The GB game has triggered a avalanche of bad feelings about the jones boys and this team.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We don't define 'all in' by what you spend in free agency. It's keeping the core (together)."

No. It is not keeping together a core that has failed time and again together. When you come up short and keep re-signing the same "core" and keep doing all of the same things year after year, you will absolutely just guarantee that you will come up short again
They are under the delusion, even though there's no evidence to support it, that keeping the core together and building on that in the draft is the way to build their team into a Super Bowl contender. They have been under that delusion since their last big free agent signing (Carr in 2012). Nevermind the fact that the teams that have reached the Super Bowl have built a core and used both the draft and free agency to bolster that core and put them over the top.

The Joneses remain the main obstacle to this team ever getting back to the Super Bowl. We deflect by blaming the coaching or some of the players, but it's all about the men in the front office. A Super Bowl front office makes the moves it takes to build a core and the ones it takes to take the next step.

Now, the argument against what I'm saying is that we fared no better (after those early 1990s teams) when Jones spent like mad in free agency. But back then, Jones didn't honor the draft. He thought he could just buy the players that he needed and it worked just as poorly as believing keeping your core and drafting well is enough.

These two make it where the coaches and that core group of players have to overcome obstacles that could have been avoided in order to get us to where we want to go. So far, the coaches and the players have showed us that they can't ... no matter how good some of those players have been.