Stephen: "We don't define 'all-in' by what you spend in free agency"

Sydla

Reaction score
Hey Stephen, you Ramen Noodle brain, how is this offseason any different from the past 5?

How is this offseason “all in” and others were apparently not?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
All in is doing what is necessary to fill the obvious holes in the roster. So far we have done nothing to really address the problems on the DL and stopping the run. Nor have we done anything to improve the running game on offense. At this point we are whistling past the grave yard.

Bingo, h—- DL been a major problem since the rams PO years ago.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They definitely want to do things their way, but they don't care about winning anything meaningful.They just want to win enough to stay relevant and make more money. Their position as owners and GMs compromises football operations because the money side decisions win out.

The resources they put into growing the brand trump the resources of fielding a winning team.

The desire to create an entertaining atmosphere trumps a culture conducive to winning.

Its even evident to me that major personnel decisions are swayed by marketability.

I really cannot stand how this team is run.
I don't agree with what's in bold. I think they truly believe they can win a Super Bowl doing it their way. They look at 12-5, 12-5, 12-5 and say we're almost there. While we look at it and say we can't get there without filling some holes with quality free agents, they think they just have to stay the course (because look at the success we're having!) and add a few more pieces through the draft.

All-in for them is keeping the core of these 12-5 teams together and filling a few holes with draft picks to take the next step. It's delusional in light of what other teams have done to take the next step, but that's who they are.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
more and more media and fans are starting to realize this , and they dont like it.
The GB game has triggered a avalanche of bad feelings about the jones boys and this team.
The GB game is the latest punctuation mark, but it definitely has dashed a lot of the remaining hope out there.

For me, and I think others, we have a large sample size of actions speaking louder than words when it comes to the Jones duo.

It was easy to believe that Jerry was enamored with winning when former players would swear as much in the early 2000s.

But there is a clear pattern of behavior now demonstrating their true priorities.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I don't agree with what's in bold. I think they truly believe they can win a Super Bowl doing it their way. They look at 12-5, 12-5, 12-5 and say we're almost there. While we look at it and say we can't get there without filling some holes with quality free agents, they think they just have to stay the course (because look at the success we're having!) and add a few more pieces through the draft.

All-in for them is keeping the core of these 12-5 teams together and filling a few holes with draft picks to take the next step. It's delusional in light of what other teams have done to take the next step, but that's who they are.
That's a totally fine disagreement, and you could be right. I've certainly thought the same thing before.

I just feel like it's only half of it. I feel they don't want to take their hands off the wheel, not out of hubris, but out of financial interest.

Billionaires are egotistical, but they typically don't let their money get mad.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
What Jerry, and now Stephen, are afraid to say is that "all in" is just their state of mind.
That's it.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score

This is why they never get past the wildcard round. The bargain bin and overpaying the scrubs they keep is good enough to win 9 to 12 games but in the playoffs. We do. It have the elite players to make a run.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
These guys just don't understand how frustrated the fans are at this point, and that was evident when they didn't fire Mike.

They still think it's business as usual and that a Cooks/Gilly type trade will appease us.
It’s sickening bro, honestly my stomach turns when I think about GB and the start of this offseason.

Questioning everything.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Jerry's gonna die and then we're gonna have to suffer another 25 years with this bozo at the helm.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry's gonna die and then we're gonna have to suffer another 25 years with this bozo at the helm.
He's 59 and looks like he's 80. I think 25 years is being generous. I don't know which Jones member steps up to the plate after him, but I imagine it still won't get any better.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's a totally fine disagreement, and you could be right. I've certainly thought the same thing before.

I just feel like it's only half of it. I feel they don't want to take their hands off the wheel, not out of hubris, but out of financial interest.

Billionaires are egotistical, but they typically don't let their money get mad.
Yeah, I'm not saying I'm right. It's just what I believe from what they have said over the years. They could just be lying out their teeth, but in the candid moments, it seems to me that they want to win, but they want to do it their way and believe that they can despite the evidence over the years. They are the definition of insanity (keep doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results).

MS17

Reaction score
We have been fooled for so many years.It is a circus run by a PR team .They really don't care .
this sums things up nicely. Stephen is like the man behind the curtain in Oz who shouts in the microphone, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s ok Stephen. We don’t define you as “qualified” for your job.

bewp7

Reaction score
omg

he really will be worse then jerry

i have nothing to look foward to it is going to just get worse and worse lol

Shannon1

Reaction score

See how many of those wins are against quality teams in the last 3 years