Stephen: "We don't define 'all-in' by what you spend in free agency"

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
He's full of crap all in means free agency trades and the draft. Keep covering for your idiot father Stevie.

LysleE

Reaction score
To me…the term “all in” means you are pouring in all of your resources towards realization of a goal: you are signing FAs; drafting playmakers relative to your draft position; scouring the talent pool for understated FAs; and developing the existing talent.
So while I don’t pretend to know what the FO has plans, if anything at all; what we are seeing is in no way, shape or form being “all in.”
While we Dallas fans dislike the Eagles and throw shade in their direction for making moves…they are at the very least trying to improve their team and return to the Super Bowl. That is what a legitimate football organization does.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
I don't agree with that. Some around here are all in 24/7/365. When it comes to bashing their team and its players. Except when they disappear when we are playing well.....so, I guess you're right.... :muttley:
Instead of continually "bashing" other fans.. tell us what you think about what Stephen said... you know.. what the thread is about...

I think he is just trying to cover for his old man because some fans believed what he said... I had a moments thought of.. maybe this year will be different.. shame on me.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
These guys just don't understand how frustrated the fans are at this point, and that was evident when they didn't fire Mike.

They still think it's business as usual and that a Cooks/Gilly type trade will appease us.
Thats how I see it, I wanted them to fire mike and hire a good HC, but they kept mike and I just decided to find some other teams to root for.
I dont care what happens with dallas this year, and could easily cheer when they are losing.

All In is just something jerry said to get people talking cowboys lol and it worked.
As you can now see it is more a blow up than a ride back, or all in.

The jones boys lie all the time, and they say things to make casual fans come to games and buy stuff, selling koolaid is all they are doing.
It is crazy but if fans still fill up the stadium then they are winning the cash flow game, they dont care about the game on the field.

KC is going for 3 SB in a row, and jones boys are lying , being cheap, and counting the cash flow. They dont care about cowboys fans
that want to actually be a SB contender.

Last edited:

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Stephen Jones might be an even bigger clown than his father. He really believes this fan base is stupid and he can just spew crap out of his mouth and we will eat it. Hey moron, every team gets draft picks, teams that are all in go out and be aggressive in free agency or trades. See the Rams and Eagles recently, even the 49ers getting McCaffery ect. Those teams are all in. Being cheap in free agency shows you are not all in.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Instead of continually "bashing" other fans.. tell us what you think about what Stephen said... you know.. what the thread is about...

I think he is just trying to cover for his old man because some fans believed what he said... I had a moments thought of.. maybe this year will be different.. shame on me.
So you aren't tired of their bashing....just mine? I have expressed my views a couple of times, I just don't think I should post it 30 times a day!

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Also, being all in is absolutely defined by free agency moves. In NFL terms, it’s doubling down with FA signings in what’s perceived as a Super Bowl window. It’s what we’re seeing from teams like Houston and Philly. Not sure what Stephen is trying to communicate.
Sonny Boy doesn’t know what he’s trying to communicate, so why should we?!?!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
They aren't even all-in on their QB how are we supposed to believe they are all-in on the team or upcoming season?

The Cowboys do have a culture problem and it starts with Jerry and Stephen and their lack of a plan for the direction of the organization.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Thats how I see it, I wanted them to fire mike and hire a good HC, but they kept mike and I just decided to find some other teams to root for.
I dont care what happens with dallas this year, and could easily cheer when they are losing.

All In is just something jerry said to get people talking cowboys lol and it worked.
As you can now see it is more a blow up than a ride back, or all in.

The jones boys lie all the time, and they say things to make casual fans come to games and buy stuff, selling koolaid is all they are doing.
It is crazy but if fans still fill up the stadium then they are winning the cash flow game, they dont care about the game on the field.

KC is going for 3 SB in a row, and jones boys are lying , being cheap, and counting the cash flow. They dont care about cowboys fans
that want to actually be a SB contender.
Amen

I’m actually kind of doing the same. I’m picking 4 teams this year to follow from draft until seasons end. I won’t say I’m rooting for them, but I love football and it will be cool to watch without frustration.

I do the same thing for college, but never have for the NFL

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I thought about making a thread about this but the year to go "all in" was last year. They should have traded for Henry or been more aggressive in free agency. You could tell ahead of time that the cap situation was going to blow up this year. Unless the team has a ridiculous draft and gets studs for vet min contracts, the team is going to be worse this year than last.

Instead of going "all in" last year, they went "half ***" and bombed out. Now they are trapped into a down year with nothing to show for it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Amen

I’m actually kind of doing the same. I’m picking 4 teams this year to follow from draft until seasons end. I won’t say I’m rooting for them, but I love football and it will be cool to watch without frustration.

I do the same thing for college, but never have for the NFL
yes avoid the frustration !
Have some fun watching normal teams lol
I did that with TB the year they won the SB with brady and it was fun. When cowboys lost as usual, I had TB to root for , and they won the SB,
it was great.

I will always follow dallas, but I no longer have an emotional investment.
They are just entertainment now, so I treat them as such. When they lose it is no big deal to me.

rambo2

Reaction score
He actually said keeping the core together? WOW They will never get it apparently. If they had the money every single Cowboy would've been back. That's how disturbing this situation is. Back to dumpster diving. He even mentions trying to get the fans a championship which is laughable at this point cause it's never going to happen. After this complete disaster of an offseason hope is officially out the window.
The core is Dak, Parsons, Lamb, and Diggs. Not the entire team.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Get ready for it.
Sorry, not ready for it. WIth 2 lost Offensive Line starters, unless they are replaced with experienced personnel, our elite quarterback will struggle this year, to put it mildly. Dallas also needs another wide receiver.

Big_D

Reaction score
The core is Dak, Parsons, Lamb, and Diggs. Not the entire team.
3 Cowboys resigned so far and one low level aging outside FA. Same exact strategy it’s always been.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We know YOU don't Stephen...but the rest of the free world does.