Stephen: "We don't define 'all-in' by what you spend in free agency"

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:muttley:
And Jerry will extend and make cap room and pick up top-quality FAs and Superbowl here we all in baby!!!!

Translation: You are all playing for your jobs come next season coaches and Players!!!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The more I hear from Stephen the more I think they are extending Dak……
The latest "not until camp" makes me think it's more likely they plan on moving on from Dak.

Waiting til camp means no cap to spend in free agency, means a crappy team this year, means they're willing to waste a year of Dak, or have him demand a trade.

Could just be a game of chicken with Dak. See which side blinks first at having no cap to spend in free agency.

Lance could be fun. I like cheap, running QBs.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
IMHO the only reasonable definition of "all in" is how much future cap space are you spending to improve your chances this year. We are almost always "somewhat all in". We never seem to have the nerve to truly go "all in". For what it's worth there is nothing about this team to me that screams go "all in". If anything the team is begging you to pull back.

Phil413Cowboy

Reaction score
We don't define 'all in' by what you spend in free agency. It's keeping the core (together)."

No. It is not keeping together a core that has failed time and again together. When you come up short and keep re-signing the same "core" and keep doing all of the same things year after year, you will absolutely just guarantee that you will come up short again
Stephen u can't even keep the core of guys u have, they have departed..until they understand these players doesn't want to play here bc of a star Cowboys will never sniff SB

StarLord

Reaction score
The best I can give here is not to care. Nothing they one way or the other matter.. in the slightest. It's just noice. Just care about what they do or don't do.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
We don't define 'all in' by what you spend in free agency. It's keeping the core (together)."

No. It is not keeping together a core that has failed time and again together. When you come up short and keep re-signing the same "core" and keep doing all of the same things year after year, you will absolutely just guarantee that you will come up short again
keeping a core that has failed each and every time???

$10 says we fail again.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You could also consider trading away draft picks for veteran players on expiring deals (low base salary) as an "all in" move.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They must mean the second definition:

Definitions from Oxford Languages

all in

US
completely committed to or very much in favor of something.
"anything he did, he was all in"
INFORMAL
exhausted.
"he was all in by halftime"

raven55

Reaction score
he only cashs in when there a party with strippers on the4 boat or the party bus then he's all in like papa like son

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Yeah, I dont see the fascination with keeping together a core that chokes in the playoffs every season.

Like why?

Jersey sales I guess:facepalm: