Stephen: "We don't define 'all-in' by what you spend in free agency"

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Yeah, I dont see the fascination with keeping together a core that chokes in the playoffs every season.
Watching that Green Bay game and running it back is absolute insanity. You simply have to look at the top 3 players on offense and the top 3 players on defense and change something. Cut D Flaw and trade Diggs and trade Parsons. Bring in new young players dedicated to winning. That is a start.

Trade Martin for whatever you can get. Cut Tyron. Get new young players for the O line. Run it back with Dak and CD fine.

Just do something for the love of Pete.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Watching that Green Bay game and running it back is absolute insanity. You simply have to look at the top 3 players on offense and the top 3 players on defense and change something. Cut D Flaw and trade Diggs and trade Parsons. Bring in new young players dedicated to winning. That is a start.

Trade Martin for whatever you can get. Cut Tyron. Get new young players for the O line. Run it back with Dak and CD fine.

Just do something for the love of Pete.
they kept the HC and tried to keep the DC..look they have to pay thier QB unlike the other 31 teams its unfair to ask them to get better when they are the only FO that has to actually pay the QB....

chuck520

Reaction score
We don't define 'all in' by what you spend in free agency. It's keeping the core (together)."

No. It is not keeping together a core that has failed time and again together. When you come up short and keep re-signing the same "core" and keep doing all of the same things year after year, you will absolutely just guarantee that you will come up short again
How about rebuilding every year instead?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I am not sure there is a name for what GM Jethro is doing?
This one is tough to figure. I wouldn’t think they are purposely sabotaging anything.

Sorry but I just don’t think there’s any real horizontal plan (insert Jerry joke as seen fit).

They just try to collect players through the draft and think they are all going to turn into solid starters even though no team is able to consistently do that, especially with the system being set up for failure after some regular season success.

My best guess….Stephen took a lot of power from Jerry when he talked him out of Johnny Football and ended up with a HOF guard as a result…..and the kid is just not that bright. Doesn’t understand the natural cycles of the system and windows within which to win.

Just says….is this player worth the price? No? Then move on. Regardless of them playing a position of clear immediate need.

Getting players on the cheap is more of a priority than filling obvious holes necessary to take the team over the top, and they missed this window.

But I know, a few other teams are worse so I should shut up. I’ve been told.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
They define "all in" by Jerruh making 50% of his urine into the toilet....vs 100% of it into his pants like usual

Creeper

Reaction score
This is classic gaslighting by Stephen and Jerry. At this point they are just mocking. We all know what all in means. The Joneses know what it means too. They are walking it back because they never had any intention of going all in. It is against their dumb philosophy. Going all in in 2024 would have been so straightforward too. We need to run the ball and stop the run better. What would it take to go all in to fix these two problems? Get a good DT and LBs. Sign/draft a RB, replace the weakest link on the OL. This year set up perfectly for the Cowboys. First, there were a number of quality run-stopping DTs in free agency. Guys who could be plugged in and make an impact immediately. There were a few good LBs too. There were a bunch of quality RBs as well. I am not saying they needed to sign 10 guys, just 3. Then sign a few of their own free agents to maintain some continuity.

Dallas has done virtually nothing this offseason. Signing Lewis was a good move, they needed at least on of their FA CBs to provide depth. But they let both DEs go, and both DTs go. They had no LBs to begin with. They are entering the draft needed players everywhere and realistically they have to do it with 3 draft picks.

I don't care how you define "all in", what the Cowboys have done so far is the opposite of all in. Even if you use their definition of signing their core players, they have no done any of that either for some reason. It seems they are deliberately no clearing CAP space so they can use the CAP as an excuse to do nothing.

I don't know what it would cost, but someone should print up a bunch of those paper bags with the eye holes cut out to put over fans heads during games with the words "ALL IN" printed on them. Let Jerry sit up in his box viewing 100,000 fans with bags over their heads knowing everyone watching the game on TV is seeing the same thing.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
q5fKkgJ.gif