Stephen's comments on Ferguson and Rapp

Carson

Reaction score
Y'all seriously think Rapp and his slow 40 times would have caught up to Carr and made this play Jeff Heath did to help win the game last year?

No way... No way.

Stephen needs to open his eyes and not drink the kool-aid on Rapp. SPEED DOES MATTER. Thornhill is the much better safety prospect on so many levels. It's not even close.

Well. To play devils advocate, Rapp likely makes the tackle on Goff in the playoffs, forcing a fourth down and a chance to win. Can swing either way

Carson

Reaction score
Thornhill/Adderly/Rapp. Think Abram will be gone. Guess the big question will be if Ferguson falls that far, or Allen will they still go S?

They should.

S > DL.

I wouldn’t force the pick. But if any of those guys are there you go safety

ESisback

Reaction score
Every time someone posts this, I think of the kiddie coaster. Enjoy the ride. Okay, good for the toddlers. Where is the real roller coaster? We used to get on the big rides.

Toddlers?!? This is a GAME, Captain Serious. Perpetually miserable know-it-alls never seem to grasp this. Yeah, I remember the good old days. I was here, probably before you, and I miss those days terribly. But these are different times. You want guarantees? Buy a toaster. You want perfection? Write a book or screenplay.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
I like Rapp.
I wonder how the fans who claim Byron doesn’t have good enough ball skills feel about Rapp.

Byron had more college interceptions.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Toddlers?!? This is a GAME, Captain Serious. Perpetually miserable know-it-alls never seem to grasp this. Yeah, I remember the good old days. I was here, probably before you, and I miss those days terribly. But these are different times. You want guarantees? Buy a toaster. You want perfection? Write a book or screenplay.
Like I said, kiddie coaster. Weee! Wasn't that one and done in the divisional playoffs fun, kids?

We should do that again!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I like Rapp.
I wonder how the fans who claim Byron doesn’t have good enough ball skills feel about Rapp.

Byron had more college interceptions.
Rapp is not your guy if you wanted picks and ball skills.

He is the guy you use to stop the run and be an enforcer.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score

Of this class, my top guys are Thornhill, abram and I love me so Chauncey Gardner Johnson.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

That's what interesting about both players being projected as our 58 pick. Rapp a SS and Thornhill more of FS...guess they're thinking Woods can play both positions.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
That's what interesting about both players being projected as our 58 pick. Rapp a SS and Thornhill more of FS...guess they're thinking Woods can play both positions.

Woods played something like 98% of the snaps at FS over the last 13 games of the year.

I personally like him at FS but honestly, as long as it’s woods/our 2nd rounder instead of woods/heath, I’m all for whatever position designation they give the two.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong but I think all these safeties will be gone by #58. If that happens, I hope they pull the trigger on Deebo.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
40 times do not make a football player.

More speed helps but doesn’t make him great or a bust

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Taylor Rapp: 6'0", 212 lbs, 40 time = 4.77

Juan Thornhill: 6',0", 210 lbs, 40 time = 4.42

Same size and almost same weight.

Juan Thornhill shows he can make some hits at the line of scrimmage, but he can also cover and make interceptions.

Taylor Rapp very much the same as Thornhill, only slower.

If both available, hope Stephen Jones makes the right pick.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Twitter makes it seem like Stephen was making a absolute statement but in reality he was dodging a question about draft prospects if you actually listen to the interview.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Abram will not be available at #58.

Please try to focus your energy elsewhere.

Hah..we all know this but as Jerrah says...um..smack..umm you can dream real big...

Honestly, I could care less if he is available at #58 or not, I love both Adderley and Abram regardless.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Taylor Rapp: 6'0", 212 lbs, 40 time = 4.77

Juan Thornhill: 6',0", 210 lbs, 40 time = 4.42

Same size and almost same weight.

Juan Thornhill shows he can make some hits at the line of scrimmage, but he can also cover and make interceptions.

Taylor Rapp very much the same as Thornhill, only slower.

If both available, hope Stephen Jones makes the right pick.

I like Thornhill, Adderly, or Hooker. Rapp is too slow and you can not coach speed. We need speed and playmaking ability so that would be Thornhill, Adderly, and Hooker.
Thornhill is a SS so I would take him over "No Rapps".
Throwing this in here........