Stephon Gilmore released by Patriots (traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wish we could of swapped jaylon for him lol. I guess bill was like nah we good at lb lol. We ain't getting Gilmore unless he takes a one year deal fellas.

We're not getting him because the team is 3-1 and the front office feels good about where they are.

Now if we were 1-3 and the defense was getting gashed every week I think it might have happened.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He should come here and rotate with A Brown. I wouldnt just straight bench Brown since hes playing decent now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This move potentially puts the entire defense over the top with the way he plays man to man and Micah Parsons ability to rush.

It’s just too perfect which means it probably won’t happen but my gosh what it would do for our defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
And this is the guy some of you wanted to give up major resources for.

If he wants to play for less than 5 mil/season, sure, bring 'im in. Whatever.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Buffalo radio guys are saying that the Bills are interested, have the cap space and feel that they're a legit contender if they add him to their squad.

Under the radar team that is scary good. ;)

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dont begrudge guys for making that second contract a big deal/priority, because that takes them from a nice salary to financial security for life.

Gilmore already got that.

No clue why he thinks a declining CB in today's league deserves a second huge contract.

I won't be upset if we sign him but I'd think longer term and pass.

So much for whoever wanted to trade Gallup and a pick for him lol.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
He wants 10 million for the rest of the season but that's only 2.5 million needed in cap. Which means he can basically go anywhere

NotForLong

Reaction score
Radio saying wants 15 a year. Not an option lol
Who Can afford that and who would pay that?. . . I don't think He is getting it with age & Injury concerns. . . if He wants that kind of money He may have to play a prove it year and Everyone gets paid when they leave the Cowboys. . .
And I am sure Gilmore has been watching the young pups . . . besides Tad Prescott said Gilmore has a secret desire to be a Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.