Stephon Gilmore released by Patriots (traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has to rebuild his reputation after it’s taken a hit.
Yes. His play was still at a very high level, but the standoff and the fact that he is 31 now will hurt his value. Even if he rebounds, I think will still only get top 10 CB money VS top 5. He will be closer to guys like Howard and Slay than Ramsey and Humphrey

Proof

Reaction score
So where is the “they are stupid, the timing is odd, they don’t know what they are doing” threads.
It’s funny because I stated last night in the Jaylon thread that what the Cowboys just did was a “Bill Belichik” move.

i'm assuming on their forum, not ours. also when the namesake does their move, it's a little different than an also ran doing it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s still a lot of money. Especially for a guy over 30 coming back from a significant injury. I don’t see it happening.
I dont see the guarantee being high. And really thats all that really matters. But AAV, I think will be comparable to a guy like Slay or Howard

I can see him getting 18 guaranteed to Slays 30.

Basically a 2 year contract

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is just no freaking way they randomly decided yesterday to release Jaylon then 12 hours later we find out Gilmore is released.

At the very least I would think they are extremely interested.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont see the guarantee being high. And really thats all that really matters. But AAV, I think will be comparable to a guy like Slay or Howard

I can see him getting 18 guaranteed to Slays 30.

Basically a 2 year contract

OK. Let’s revisit this when he signs with someone. I think someone is getting him cheap.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Interesting question is what will he take on a 1 year deal.

For us I can see us being interested if he is willing to play on a vet min (or near), or even for our remaining space (4mil). After drafting 2 CB's in the top 100 last year, I dont think we will be willing to look at him on a multi year. Maybe a two year deal, but a two year deal is probably Gilmores worst case scenario
Estas Loco!

You love throwing away our capspace money.

Just stop posting about anyone's contract offers already.
:facepalm:

Cydios

Reaction score
I would love Gilmore to Dallas... but it ain't happening.. Unless someone takes Jaylon's bill.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Man ..... Brady already made this call ....... Gilmore is probably already being fitted for his Bucs jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.