Still excited for the Draft

J12B

Reaction score
Even though Dallas does not have a 1st round pick in the upcoming draft I'm still just as excited for it thanks to the way the season concluded since the trade for Cooper was made.

With the way the season ended, it appears that there are no glaring holes that need to be filled. Yes, there are needs and the roster isnt close to being perfect, but the front office has a lot of cap space to work with in the off season that can easily fill them.
  • Tight end play has improved drastically over the last 4 to 5 weeks compared to the beginning of the season. Jarwin and Shultz have progressed greatly over the course of the season.
  • Safety play could definitely use an upgrade and that's where I hope the FO spends some money (still want Earl Thomas)
  • Wide receiver play is fixed with the addition of Amari Cooper and Gallup progressing nicely.
  • OL play could use some depth and hopefully Frederick is able to get back to full health and return. We have Connor William's who will have an off season to bulk up and will now e adjusted to the speed.amd power of the NFL.
  • DL probably needs the most depth just because of the high importance it is relative to the defense in it's entirety.

Point being we can go with best player available the entire draft or trade back and pick up more picks.

Should be nice that we wont be drafting a player purely out of need.

Verdict

Reaction score
Even though Dallas does not have a 1st round pick in the upcoming draft I'm still just as excited for it thanks to the way the season concluded since the trade for Cooper was made.

With the way the season ended, it appears that there are no glaring holes that need to be filled. Yes, there are needs and the roster isnt close to being perfect, but the front office has a lot of cap space to work with in the off season that can easily fill them.
  • Tight end play has improved drastically over the last 4 to 5 weeks compared to the beginning of the season. Jarwin and Shultz have progressed greatly over the course of the season.
  • Safety play could definitely use an upgrade and that's where I hope the FO spends some money (still want Earl Thomas)
  • Wide receiver play is fixed with the addition of Amari Cooper and Gallup progressing nicely.
  • OL play could use some depth and hopefully Frederick is able to get back to full health and return. We have Connor William's who will have an off season to bulk up and will now e adjusted to the speed.amd power of the NFL.
  • DL probably needs the most depth just because of the high importance it is relative to the defense in it's entirety.

Point being we can go with best player available the entire draft or trade back and pick up more picks.

Should be nice that we wont be drafting a player purely out of need.
Good thread. Don't rule out the possibility of more wheeling and dealing on draft day. It is possible that Lawrence gets shipped out for a first rounder and change. We will see on that one.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I love the draft but I feel the upcoming one will be a disappointment.

First pick late in the second round is a long time to wait.

Hoping for a safety with the 2nd round pick.

J12B

Reaction score
I think we need a better back-up RB. Smith is a decent ST and short yard guy but he offers no change of pace. I’d like a guy with some burst.

I think we need a better back-up RB. Smith is a decent ST and short yard guy but he offers no change of pace. I’d like a guy with some burst.

2. Safety
3. OL
4. TE
4. RB
5. LB
6. DL
7. CB

I hope we sign ET in the off season and go CB in the 2nd or DE/DT

J12B

Reaction score

With the way this front office has found value in the last couple of drafts (Awuzie, William's, Lewis, Gallup, Switzer, Armstrong, Schultz) it should be a fun day 2 and 3 still

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Irving will most likely be gone. This is a super heavy DT draft however, the best of them will be gone.

At this point, I trust the FO to make the correct pick (Wow... I cannot believe I said that)

DUO_CORE

Reaction score

"With the 32nd pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Amari Cooper, wr Alabama with 4 years of experience and 3 1000 yard seasons."

"With the 32nd pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, after trading with the Dallas Cowboys, the Oakland Raider select some unproven player with decent measurables"

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Oh yea. Just won't be glued to the TV thursday.

Will watch on and off and lurk here to see if the Cowboys trade back into the 1st. If not, then Friday will be my full day of watching.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will dip into the free agent market more than usual .
I can see a trade package put together in the draft if the Cowboys see a good prospect slipping

Yea, I can see a certain DB who is familiar with our scheme coming here. Especially if we promote Richard and I can see us adding a DT as well

sbark

Reaction score

2. Safety
3. OL
4. TE
4. RB
5. LB
6. DL
7. CB
A Cohen type would be a boost, but t.austin could fill a Green Bay Cobb type role and fill a lot of it