Still looks like a sloppy team to me.

mmillman

Reaction score
Shoddy offensive line play, with stupid penalties. The Raiders were missing three starters on the d-line too.That has gone on for far too long. The fact that hasn't been corrected is a reflection on coaching and Jerry's poor job as a GM.

Special teams has been poor for a long time also. That is another reflection on the poor coaching that is going on in Dallas.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Haha, what a surprise coming from you. And the oline play was far from "shoddy." I guess some fans will never be satisfied.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I thought the starters were pretty good. But after that it was pretty sloppy and lethargic. A lot of guys that had already played seemed to be uninspired for that game.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Shoddy offensive line play, with stupid penalties. The Raiders were missing three starters on the d-line too.That has gone on for far too long. The fact that hasn't been corrected is a reflection on coaching and Jerry's poor job as a GM.

Special teams has been poor for a long time also. That is another reflection on the poor coaching that is going on in Dallas.

are you kidding me, the ST under the new guy is looking good, hes getting different guys back there to find out whos good, i think we constistantly got to the twenty, and our tackling was much cleaner. I was very happy with ST.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I think I must have been watching a different game, thought the oline was giving Romo more time then he knew what to do with, ran the ball reasonably well. Playing a lot of rookies on S. teams. Harris will be back there for punts when the season starts.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I didn't think it was that bad. It's early and was the first preseason game for alot of the first teamers, so I'm willing to chalk some of the issues during the game yesterday to that. However, if this continues into the regular season, then that will be unacceptable.

Sloppy play and penalties have been a problem for far too long and there has been plenty of time for the coaching staff to get this under control. There is still time until the regular season is here. If it happens then we'll know how effective this coaching staff is in this area.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
What are all these penalties you talk about for the OL? The only one I remember is Leary getting one call. Now I do remember Witten and Tanner having a holding call but they are not part of the OL. Maybe there was one I didnt see flipping back to the rangers game, but by no means was the OL penalized significantly.

mmillman

Reaction score
The starting offensive line had some key penalties. What game were you watching? The special teams, I give a little pass to because there are players out there that won't be on the 53. However, watching the special teams play over the last several seasons and seeing a fg blocked etc........ doesn't give me confidence that the special teams unit has improved.

"Haha, what a surprise coming from you. And the oline play was far from "shoddy." I guess some fans will never be satisfied."

Maybe that is the problem? Your satisfied with mediocre football from the Cowboys? Since Jimmy left this team has consistently been mediocre but apparently that "satisfies" some?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Once the starters came out there was a very big drop off. And there were still penalties with the starters so there's some truth there. You have to remember often when a young player comes in he's surrounded by starters and that's a huge difference from the chaos of seeing them all out there at one time. They just need to separate the wheat from the chaff right now and that means giving them lots of snaps.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
The starting offensive line had some key penalties. What game were you watching? The special teams, I give a little pass to because there are players out there that won't be on the 53. However, watching the special teams play over the last several seasons and seeing a fg blocked etc........ doesn't give me confidence that the special teams unit has improved.

"Haha, what a surprise coming from you. And the oline play was far from "shoddy." I guess some fans will never be satisfied."

Maybe that is the problem? Your satisfied with mediocre football from the Cowboys? Since Jimmy left this team has consistently been mediocre but apparently that "satisfies" some?

The Oline play was not "mediocre." In fact, the starting oline play was nearly excellent--there were nice running lanes and Romo often had forever to throw the ball. And you are harping on the "key penalties." Tell me, what were these "key" penalties? There was a holding call on Witten (who isn't on the oline) and two false start calls on Leary. So, in the end, there was ten yards of penalties against the starting oline, both against a young guy starting his second game. Yeah, sorry, but I'm not going to be overly dramatic about that.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
As far as preseason games go, that one was pretty well played for both teams, I thought. You are not trying to win games right now but see some players in certain situations. I think the coaching staff will be able to get a lot of good information from the video. And to see which players are growing, which seem to have plateaud, which have regressed.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the penalties that came after the starting O-Line was out of the game are going to be attributed to the O-line because someone read a box score rather than actually watched a game.