Stinkin' cold!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Only supposed to get to -2F here for the low tonight. It was -1F not long ago when I left for work.

I believe the low will be closer to 7F tomorrow.

lukin2006

Reaction score
:laugh:That's insane luk.

High tomorrow morning here....

....a balmy 1 degrees :eek:

You are spoiled with that weather., lol. It's now -25. My dog does her business in record time, not even sure she leaves the deck. When I walk on my deck it sounds like firecrackers going off...lol. The most important thing was my jeep started no problem. Because lukin is walking no farther than it takes me to get to my jeep...lol. Next week we warm up above freezing and they are calling for rain. This weather is crazy. :huh:

lukin2006

Reaction score
In Minnesota, they are asking people who heat with natural gas to keep the furnace at 63.

lukin2006

Reaction score
50964935_1209874342523124_814879072713703424_n.jpg

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We're back to more normal weather here in Colorado - nighttime lows in the teens and daytime highs in the 30's with lot's of sunshine.

I spent a few years working in Russia and Kazakhstan and remember absolute temperatures around -30 to -40 F. Despite our facilities being designed for these sort of extreme temperatures (the Russians built some butt-ugly vehicles and equipment, but they understood cold weather), we would shut our operations down in these sort of temperatures.

Despite this experience, I have a hard time comprehending just how cold - and, how dangerous - the weather has been in the mid-west. Ya'll bundle up and stay inside.

lukin2006

Reaction score
-25. I do not worry about the wind chill. -25 is just cold. It is so cold it sounds like the Hulkster is body slamming my deck.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-8 when I got up. Real -8, not windchill.
Actually a wee bit warmer than what I thought we were going to get.

A week ago we hit -19... Coldest spot in the state for that day.

But still I'll take it over 90 degrees plus from June through September. Or living in a "sauna" like folks do down south or along the gulf coast.

We have a handful of days a year when it's this cold... Not a problem. Tee-shirt. Sweater. Hoodie. Winter jacket. A good hat & gloves & I'm good to go.