Stinkin' cold!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I keep a high-quality, warm sleeping bag in the trunk of my car just in case I'm ever stranded in the extreme cold and need to protect myself.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read about "frost quakes", cryoseism, happening in CHI where the ground is breaking due to freezing water beneath the ice and snow and the sound is traveling into homes and freaking people out. Sounds like loud booms.

Everybody talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it. There's a phrase from the past coming to life again.

You folks in tundra land, are your weather forecasters as wacky as ours get down here when tornado season rolls around? It's Armageddon and the Apocalypse all in one 5 minute "this is what I live for" delivery. Even their hair gets excited.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep a high-quality, warm sleeping bag in the trunk of my car just in case I'm ever stranded in the extreme cold and need to protect myself.
Oh suuuuuuuuurrrrrrre you do, that's what that's for, stranded in extreme cold. Not got lucky and you don't want to get a room for the night because you don't want anyone to see you with her and you hope she's OK in the trunk?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Oh suuuuuuuuurrrrrrre you do, that's what that's for, stranded in extreme cold. Not got lucky and you don't want to get a room for the night because you don't want anyone to see you with her and you hope she's OK in the trunk?

I should be so lucky.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
When my dog comes back in, she gives me this look and I'm pretty sure she is thinking "dude, seriously...we need better washroom arrangements". :lmao::lmao::lmao:
We had a huge snow storm in Boise a few years ago. The area dubbed it "Snowmaggedon" lol. Anyway, I felt bad when my mini-aussie went outside. The snow was deep enough that everywhere he went he had to drag his little peter through it. Talk about cold. :laugh:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
We had a huge snow storm in Boise a few years ago. The area dubbed it "Snowmaggedon" lol. Anyway, I felt bad when my mini-aussie went outside. The snow was deep enough that everywhere he went he had to drag his little peter through it. Talk about cold. :laugh:

Aw, poor guy.

lukin2006

Reaction score

Poor dog...

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can I come visit?
itsatrap.jpg

Chrispierce

Reaction score
58 here,but we’re about to get slammed by a nasty storm. Hunkering down in my bunker (parking garage) with my birds,and all the construction crews are tarping the structure to keep water out. Good luck...Loooool.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Good idea.
I have a buddy who's brother froze to death after running out of gas near Dayton, OH many years ago.

Yeah, that crap happens. I was thinking of also having some kind of cooking stove with me just in case. Maybe even also a tent.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
....and here it comes. This is gonna get nasty. It’s cold wind blowing in and it’s strong. This is going to be fun later tonight. I’ll be sitting in my car in the garage with my nice cup of coffee,rocking out and burning out,and watching the show in totally a nice environment. Should be some good lightning too for special effects.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
....and here it comes. This is gonna get nasty. It’s cold wind blowing in and it’s strong. This is going to be fun later tonight. I’ll be sitting in my car in the garage with my nice cup of coffee,rocking out and burning out,and watching the show in totally a nice environment. Should be some good lightning too for special effects.
I may have missed it, @Chrispierce , but where is home?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bay Area. Freaking just got pulled over by a motorcycle cop trying to get me for speeding....but I didn’t,so he got me for expired registration instead. Loool. $25 fix it ticket. I’m soooooooooooo lucky.
Lived in the east bay for a short time in the mid-2000's. Loved the proximity to the wine country, Tahoe and SF, but absolutely loathed the traffic.

:)

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Lived in the east bay for a short time in the mid-2000's. Loved the proximity to the wine country, Tahoe and SF, but absolutely loathed the traffic.

:)
Traffic sucks. East Bay is the worst for it too. Thankfully I’m a peninsula guy,so rarely ever go to that side. I don’t understand those people over there commuting across the bridge as they do. Nothing is worth that torture.

lukin2006

Reaction score

If stranded and at all possible, you should stay with the vehicle. There was a case in another province a month or so ago where a father/daughter was out and the car broke down, the daughter decided to go for help and ended up freezing to death...very sad.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Read about "frost quakes", cryoseism, happening in CHI where the ground is breaking due to freezing water beneath the ice and snow and the sound is traveling into homes and freaking people out. Sounds like loud booms.

Everybody talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it. There's a phrase from the past coming to life again.

You folks in tundra land, are your weather forecasters as wacky as ours get down here when tornado season rolls around? It's Armageddon and the Apocalypse all in one 5 minute "this is what I live for" delivery. Even their hair gets excited.
We experienced those frost quakes here a few years ago. First time I'm my half century or so of existence. Very loud BOOM woke me from a sound sleep. Shook the house and cracked a few concrete foundation walls in some homes in the area. We had warm weather with heavy rain. In just a few hours the temps dropped to below zero and stayed there for a few days resulting in the quakes.

As far as the forecasters go... just like everything else, they've become all about the drama and what used to be just reported as snow storms are now major events that we'll be lucky to survive. We had a storm last weekend. Ended up with about fifteen inches. Run of the mill winter storm, nothing out of the ordinary. The local media got the masses so worked up that I found the shelves of the grocery store cleaned out of the basics when I drove down during the storm to pick up a few things for my wife who was down with the flue. Never seen that before, even for the yearly thirty+ incher we always get.