Stop the Dak vs Watson stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by coult44, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

9,422 Messages
    15,213 Likes Received
    Good post. Statistically they are really close. I don’t understand all the Dak bashing and heaping praise guys like Watson and Jackson get. Jackson especially. Dak is a fine QB. Not Mahomes but how many are?

CowboysFaninHouston, Dre11 and JJHLH1 like this.
  2. 2288doubletrouble

2288doubletrouble Well-Known Member

1,299 Messages
    1,854 Likes Received

I believe the league looks at Watson being better than Dak. The draft haul it would take to trade for Watson proves that. Dak would not get the same haul.

3. numnuts23

numnuts23 Well-Known Member

2,855 Messages
    1,306 Likes Received
    Dak has to have elite talent around him to be successful.

Watson > Dak

4. Redsfan_83

Redsfan_83 Well-Known Member

901 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    Watson has not the weapons Dak has had, plain and simple. That being said I do like Dak, but finding any GM in the world that thinks Dak is better is just silly. Afther that and that being said, lol...in no way do I give up a haul in order to get Watson and that includes giving up Dak. The difference between them would not justify this

5. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

10,989 Messages
    15,428 Likes Received
    Deshaun is much more mobile in the pocket but agree with the OP that there isn't some mountain of difference either. 6-10 range for both.

JJHLH1 likes this.
  6. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

6,675 Messages
    6,429 Likes Received
    And when you include they havent given him an O-line, RB and shipped off one of the best WR's in the nfl...and watson still performed. Ridiculously good.

TexasFrog likes this.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,061 Messages
    14,097 Likes Received
    Define success

Did we forget that the Texans were 4-12 last year?

Doomsday101 likes this.
  8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,061 Messages
    14,097 Likes Received
    This is bonkers.

Mahomes is head and shoulders above the rest of the league, and Brady is barely in the top 10 right now.

817Gill and JoeKing like this.
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,061 Messages
    14,097 Likes Received
    Arbitrary stats are arbitrary.

Dak would have hammered all these numbers this year too

10. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

24,309 Messages
    20,872 Likes Received
    :popcorn:

11. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

11,743 Messages
    6,881 Likes Received
    that’s about al id pay for Watson, no way I’m paying 40m for him

12. MarcusRock

MarcusRock Well-Known Member

5,427 Messages
    5,904 Likes Received
    But Dak will probably get as much or better contract-wise. It's happening, people. And no amount of hope-posting will stop it.

13. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

45,711 Messages
    68,103 Likes Received
    If you trade for Watson, his cap hits won't be $40 million.

14. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

45,711 Messages
    68,103 Likes Received
    Yes FOR HOUSTON.

If a team trades for him, they aren't on the hook for those cap hits. They are essentially on the hook for base salaries only (and then whatever future roster bonuses are in the contract).

15. 2288doubletrouble

2288doubletrouble Well-Known Member

1,299 Messages
    1,854 Likes Received
    I don’t know what Dak is getting that wasn’t my point. Comparing Dak to Watson is not viewed the same way as the league views them two. Watson is considered the better QB.

16. Golfzilla77

Golfzilla77 Member

69 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    the best comparison is to look at what the Seahawks did after they gave Wilson the big contract. Cowboys are close to the same position, except no championship trophy to rest their laurels on (yes, Seahawks competitive, and i believe Russell Wilson is the best QB in the league -- but he obviously couldn't get it done by himself)

17. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Zone Supporter

7,699 Messages
    8,086 Likes Received
    What? What’s arbitrary? How do you know that? Watsons efficiency was off the charts, record setting at times. The whole thread is about how Watson gets too much hype and the articles show they were legit, career stats and in the record books with lofty company. Your response to shrug is hilarious but what I’d expect here when confronted with stats. As I’ve said I’m a Dak fan but people need to stop the bad comparisons..to piggyback my earlier articles

18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,061 Messages
    14,097 Likes Received
    Those number cutoffs are arbitrary. There's nothing statistically significant about any of them.

Watson is an elite talent. Dak is an elite talent. I'm just saying that those "4th QB to ever..." numbers don't really mean anything.

19. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

4,178 Messages
    9,751 Likes Received
    Allen led his team to a 13-3 record and AFC Championship game appearance with no running attack.

That earns him a top-5 spot.

20. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

25,691 Messages
    27,958 Likes Received
    Agree. And Watson is a bit more of a playmaker.

They are basically the same guy. Wilson fits in there also. Yes, he's a bit better than the other two, but not by much of a margin.