Stop the Dak vs Watson stuff

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well...so much for "calm".

I didn't say *I* don't know what leadership is. But now we're reduced to a big fight about that. Good job.

I (politely) asked for YOUR take on it.

Gotta love the zone. People itching for fights sheesh.
See post above. I edited it after I got over the shock of your question.

erod

Reaction score
Agree.

Dak and Watson are on the same level - solid 6-10 range behind:

1. Brady
2. Rogers
3. Mahomes
4. Allen
5. Wilson

Stafford, Jackson, and Ryan are better. Cousins is equal.

Meanwhile.....Burrow, Lawrence, Herbert, Murray, and probably Mayfield will zoom right past them. Plus Darnold, if he wasn't in football purgatory, and watch out for Zach Wilson.

Dak is middle of the road. Watson is a slight tick better.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Such as?

I'm not saying he does or doesn't. Just wanted your (calm) take.
I'll tell you, leadership is the ability to lead a group of people to accomplish the mission. Sounds simple right? It's not. Not everyone is a leader. And there are all types of leaders. But the bottom line is can they get the group to accomplish what they are supposed to accomplish. If you have low morals or a terrible work ethic or a condescending narcissistic character you're not going to be able to lead squat.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dak.......Watson.....Watson ....Dak orhow about Jameis Winston.......Rober Griffin III.......Robert Griffin III ........Jameis Winston???????? What's the difference, they're all over hyped and underachievers! Neither Dak or Watson has done a dam thing in the NFL, but all I hear from the experts is how great they are...ha-haaaa! I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for either one of them, reason being they both struggle against winning teams and only look the part of that study QB against bottom feeders. Dak's stock shot up when he had that great O-Line in front of him and when the line started to show it's wear and tear so did Dak's stock. As for Watson, he too has been a mirage in this league with his inability to lead dam good Texan teams in a division that is average at best. Why all the fuss for these two, well could it be because they're clean cut, nice guys who happen to play in the big state of TEXAS? If either one of these guys played for a team outside this state they both would be drummed out of their starting roles for they're sorry play, just go ask Jameis Winston or Robert Griffin III............

Bartlebie

Reaction score
Dak is an average talent, Watson has the talent to be elite. Stop this nonsense of trying to make yourself feel better by lying and acting like they're similar.

Average talent... I think these kind of statements are what drive both sides of the Dak argument crazy. It's simply troll on troll crime and I'm here for it!!! More fun than reading or watching the actual news.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Right now, no. He is barely in the top 10.

We're not talking about historical success or legacy.

Brady is the reigning Super Bowl MVP.

#1 right now.

Even at 43 he proved that he’s better than Mahomes in his prime.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s this simple. If you like Dak, you like Watson. They are virtually the same QB with Dak slightly edging him out because of his brain and arm. Dak is a bit more football savvy, and his arm is stronger. Watson has had to run for his life every year, and play from behind most the time. those two things will cause stats to go places they normally don’t have to. Dak got some help from good QB coaching including a year of Romo. Watson is good but it’s crazy how all of a sudden he’s on the level of a Mahomes, Wilson, and Rogers. Why is it that in the year 2021 all fans only look to yards passed to see how good a QB is. Dak is going to cost 40Mil, and Watson is going to cost 40mil and some major picks. I swear this is a group of 14 year old Madden kids in here trying to act like they know something!!!

Lool, smh.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Brady is the reigning Super Bowl MVP.

#1 right now.

Even at 43 he proved that he’s better than Mahomes in his prime.

What game were you watching?

Tampa Bay's defense overwhelmed KC's offensive line, which was missing 3 starters. Mahomes was running for his life, Brady would've just been sacked.

Switch them to the other teams and Tampa still wins.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
What game were you watching?

Tampa Bay's defense overwhelmed KC's offensive line, which was missing 3 starters. Mahomes was running for his life, Brady would've just been sacked.

Switch them to the other teams and Tampa still wins.

Who was favored to win the game despite everything you mentioned?

One QB was Super Bowl MVP.

The other QB failed to get his team in the end zone.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agree.

Dak and Watson are on the same level - solid 6-10 range behind:

1. Brady
2. Rogers
3. Mahomes
4. Allen
5. Wilson

This is the first year Allen had a 300 yard game. Cant put Allen in front of Dak at this point. Mahomes, Rodger, Wilson for sure. I definitely always take Brady, but he has probably one year left? Dak is top 5, definitely top 7.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't know what leadership is? My God. I'll tell you, leadership is the ability to lead a group of people to accomplish the mission. Sounds simple right? It's not. Not everyone is a leader. And there are all types of leaders. But the bottom line is can they get the group to accomplish what they are supposed to accomplish. If you have low morals or a terrible work ethic or a condescending narcissistic character you're not going to be able to lead squat.

See post above. I edited it after I got over the shock of your question.

Okay...you gave me your definition of military leadership.

You didn't actually answer my question. You said "Dak has leadership" that you claim Watson doesn't have. I am unclear what "mission" you think Dak has accomplished....that Watson hasn't.

If by "accomplish the mission"...you mean a playoff game and 8-8...fine. I don't see it that way. I'm not sure a SB win is "accomplish the mission"...but certainly, at our juncture, an appearance would be excellent.

I again ask you....what "leadership" has Dak shown to you....and that Watson DOESN'T have. It's really a simple question...a discussion. A civil one at that, if possible. On a claim YOU made. I wanted you to flesh it out, tell me why. Not give vague/general definitions.

We've "accomplished the mission"? What? :confused: Hardly.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
This is the first year Allen had a 300 yard game. Cant put Allen in front of Dak at this point. Mahomes, Rodger, Wilson for sure. I definitely always take Brady, but he has probably one year left? Dak is top 5, definitely top 7.

Allen has been to a Conference Championship game in his first 3 years so I put him ahead of Dak.