Stop the Dak vs Watson stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by coult44, Mar 2, 2021.

1. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Zone Supporter

7,956 Messages
    8,504 Likes Received
    Did you even read the stats and articles I put up in this same thread. His numbers are off the charts for what he worked with last year. If you deny it you aren’t watching football. Page 1 and 3. He could have had every excuse in the book to quit and put up record stats

2. Redsfan_83

Redsfan_83 Well-Known Member

965 Messages
    800 Likes Received
    Name me 3 pro bowl starters on the Texans OL please? Crooks played there all of two years. Fuller has played a whopping 52 games...in 5 years! Dak has had a hall of fame OL here, and Zeke. Texans have had what David Johnson? To even suggest Watson has had the weapons on offense Dak is not only silly, it's ridiculous. GM's ranked Dak in the top 10 last year? In the 4 games he played? LOL. Oh, and yeah, the same GM's ranked Wentz 8th...c'mon man do you believe what you wrote? Let alone, I said I like Dak.

3. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

4,248 Messages
    9,842 Likes Received
    Is Dilfer a 2-time Super Bowl MVP?

Risen Star likes this.
  4. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

29,401 Messages
    11,722 Likes Received
    You seem all agitated like a squirrel in the spin cycle. Bloke, get out of Houston.
    Moss is growing on you and it makes your thinking fuzzy. Apologize and relent.

5Stars likes this.
  5. Ozone22

Ozone22 Well-Known Member

1,724 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    Not to sure about saying there is not a GM in the NFL, that would take Dak over Watson. Remember there was a GM that took Trubisky over Watson.

6. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

25,380 Messages
    23,944 Likes Received
    Watson is much, much better than Ryan Leaf. My point is that it takes more than just arm strength to be a starting QB in the NFL.

7. Rockport

25,380 Messages
    23,944 Likes Received
    Dak is more than slightly better than Watson.

8. OldJarhead

OldJarhead Well-Known Member

476 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    Neither is accurate at distance. Dak is hesitant, Watson relies on his legs too much. Reminds me of Vick in that regard. Dak is a better leader, but his current attitude/stance is changing my feelings on that.

9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

44,477 Messages
    22,088 Likes Received
    :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

5Stars and CalPolyTechnique like this.
  10. tyke1doe

44,477 Messages
    22,088 Likes Received
    Point taken. Maybe we should say there isn't a COMPETENT GM who would take Dak over Watson. ;)

Ozone22 and 5Stars like this.
  11. Rockport

25,380 Messages
    23,944 Likes Received
    The only GM's who wouldn't take Dak are the ones who already have an great QB.

12. tyke1doe

44,477 Messages
    22,088 Likes Received
    That must be ALL the NFL's GMs then.

Or maybe you can point out these franchises who don't already have a great QB and will take Dak.

And maybe you can explain why they haven't made a deal with the Cowboys yet?

If Jerry doesn't want to break the bank and pay Dak and if these other franchises believe Dak is a GREAT QB like Mahomes and Watson and would willingly pay Mahomes money, or even less, for Dak, why has not a deal been made with either the Cowboys or another team?

I'm listening.

5Stars likes this.
  13. Rockport

25,380 Messages
    23,944 Likes Received
    Dak is the #1 FA in the NFL currently.

14. Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover Well-Known Member

4,466 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    In your head. You proved nothing.

You: Dak has the ability to lead men to accomplish whatever is in front of them. That’s the leadership he has. .
    Me: What exactly....kind of leadership has Dak shown you. (And over Watson).
    You: " A leader leads to accomplish things. His team mates say so." (The last sentence after asking 4 times).

I didn't ask ya what his team mates say. I already know that. What do YOU see? Probably if you had said "his team mates say"....we wouldn't have wasted so much time here. But you went with the hilarious " Dak has the ability to lead men to accomplish whatever is in front of them".

Like a Super Bowl?

GimmeTheBall! and 5Stars like this.
  15. Rockport

25,380 Messages
    23,944 Likes Received
    Yes, most definitely a Super Bowl.

16. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

17,956 Messages
    27,833 Likes Received
    We’re so proud.

5Stars likes this.
  17. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

16,463 Messages
    7,429 Likes Received
    The team went 4-12. It's garbage stats.

18. CowboysFaninHouston

16,463 Messages
    7,429 Likes Received
    So you equate a hobbled often injured Dez who missed games, and old man Witten to Hopkins and fuller.

Don't forget Dak had Cooper mid 2018. Since then we have had #1 and #2 offense in the league.

Smith has been injured every year in the past 5 years. And you want to tell me Martin, a guard is the most important and impact full piece of the offense!!!! Really? Name the 8th guards who played in championships games this year without googling.....

And zeke has been on a decline since his rookie year.

Fact is based on everyone here and I can name a few posters here who say elite QBs overcome and lift the team and lead the team to wins....well according to their standard Watson is not elite having had two 4 win seasons....

Quincy Carter and Dave Campo managed 5 wins. And there was no Hopkins, fuller on those teams

Rockport likes this.
  19. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

22,472 Messages
    18,895 Likes Received
    At the time Dak talked about how much help Sanchez was to him. That doesn't mean he didn't draw from Romo too, but my recollection was that Sanchez was more of the steady help along the way. The nickname "Buttfumble" doesn't really have anything to do with that.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  20. CowboysFaninHouston

16,463 Messages
    7,429 Likes Received
    Different won a superbowl..... MVP craap is for fans.

But different has a superbowl and Marino doesn't. My question is based on standards I have read does that make difference better than Marino.

Marino went to only one superbowl and lost...does it mean Marino wasn't any good and over rated?