Stop the nonsense

CWR

Reaction score
Place the non-exclusive franchise tag on him and let's see where it goes.

A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if the player signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

I'd like to keep Dak, but not on a three year cap busting deal. I hope there is no truth to the rumor. In any event if we can't get a deal done early this is the way to go. Dak will either find his worth or lack thereof as many of you say.

If someone signs him, with our 10th pick and 3 first the following season we have more than enough ammo to move up and get our QB. From there we have the cap space to make a difference on the defense and we can go heavy on D the rest of the draft as well.

I'm a Dak fan, but a much bigger Cowboys fan. Let's quit playing games and get this done.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Place the non-exclusive franchise tag on him and let's see where it goes.

A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if the player signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

I'd like to keep Dak, but not on a three year cap busting deal. I hope there is no truth to the rumor. In any event if we can't get a deal done early this is the way to go. Dak will either find his worth or lack thereof as many of you say.

If someone signs him, with our 10th pick and 3 first the following season we have more than enough ammo to move up and get our QB. From there we have the cap space to make a difference on the defense and we can go heavy on D the rest of the draft as well.

I'm a Dak fan, but a much bigger Cowboys fan. Let's quit playing games and get this done.
Oh yay. Another Dak thread.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen this suggestion many times.

Here's the deal. No team would be interested. So it would accomplish nothing. Nobody's giving up two 1s for the right to give Dak Prescott 40 million a year. It's not happening. You'd have to be delusional to think there'd be interest in that.

The Cowboys are negotiating against themselves. Which is why they're idiots and Prescott actually has no leverage despite media and fan boy reports.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score

Here's the deal. No team would be interested. So it would accomplish nothing. Nobody's giving up two 1s for the right to give Dak Prescott 40 million a year. It's not happening. You'd have to be delusional to think there'd be interest in that.

I'm not convinced after I've seen what lesser qbs have gone for, including the guy you called the "next Tom Brady." Lol

JBS

Reaction score

You can trade him for less than 2 firsts. Dallas isn't obligated to ask for 2 firsts. I'm not suggesting you don't know this, I know you do, but if Dallas can't sign Dak to an extension they may as well try and get something for him.

Adreme

Reaction score

The Cowboys are negotiating against themselves. Which is why they're idiots and Prescott actually has no leverage despite media and fan boy reports.

Except Dak would easily get 42-43 on open market and every NFL GM knows that. QBs on his level do not hit the market. It just simply does not happen. The only sticking point would be the two firsts but no NFL GM thinks that Dak would not easily break 40 million per year were he a FA (and at least a half dozen teams would line up to pay him that if there were no string attached which is why the thing Dallas is negotiating against is the clock. After this season he will be a FA and all you will get a 3rd round comp pick. That is his leverage.

12+88=7

Reaction score

You wouldn't know if there was interest unless you tried. Look at recent deals between teams where you thought, "wow, I would have never made that deal". Just because you believe something doesn't mean a different party can't think differently.

Doing this sets the market for Prescott. It would resolve this on going saga.

Nav22

Reaction score
If we draft a QB, there’s like a 90% chance that he’ll never be as good as Dak.

I’m not signing up for that. Never forget Paxton Lynch and Jerry’s hard-on for him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:hammer:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we draft a QB, there’s like a 90% chance that he’ll never be as good as Dak.

I’m not signing up for that. Never forget Paxton Lynch and Jerry’s hard-on for him.
So it's going to be really tough to find a QB to go 29 W-25L and 6-20 against teams with winning records?
Boy that 90% of yours is fading fast!!!!!

fivetwos

Reaction score

I'd have agreed with this a year ago.

For now, all Prescott needs to do is sign the tag, show up, make 37 miliion and be gone after the season.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
What are Dak Haters so nervous about?:muttley::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I don’t get these posts. Why is OP a hater if he doesn’t want to get left with nothing if the FO screws up? It’s just a suggestion to salvage something vs not overpaying. When did this concept equal hate? I’m a Dak fan and have touted him here but I also find some of the numbers being thrown around ridiculous

Qcard

Reaction score
Yeah there's proof that he was faking the injury. He quit when things got tough last year.
I don't blame Dak....look at what happened to Andy Dalton. Clean head shot and zero pulse check from teammates. Dak is so dumb to fake an ankle. He should be like Andy, fake the head injury for some more blue tent time.

Last edited: