Stop the nonsense

InTheZone

Reaction score
Oh yay another tool posting on a thread he isn't interested in.
giphy.gif

InTheZone

Reaction score
What are Dak Haters so nervous about?:muttley::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
how's it being a hater having a suggestion that the team get a feel for actual demand? If anything, posts that don't contribute and attack come off as trollish and defensive.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
What difference does it make if it busts the cap or not! Have we been able to win while in good cap shape? Y’all act like the Jones build a good team when the cap is good .

:rolleyes:
Well they certainly can't build a good team if the cap is shot!
Yes we all know about the Cowboy's history of shortcomings in team building, but it's for dang sure they're not going to build a good team by shooting themselves in the foot first.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah there's proof that he was faking the injury. He quit when things got tough last year.
Mr.I gave the Cards game away Elliot who is Dak's best bud and just happened to fumble 2 times in the game.
Guess Dak didn't like that comeback win vs the Giants the previous week.:omg:
Jerry exterminate 666!!!!!

cowboyed

Reaction score
If we draft a QB, there’s like a 90% chance that he’ll never be as good as Dak.

I’m not signing up for that. Never forget Paxton Lynch and Jerry’s hard-on for him.

True but then Jerry lost his erection. I blame it on age.

Hardline

Reaction score
If we draft a QB, there’s like a 90% chance that he’ll never be as good as Dak.

I’m not signing up for that. Never forget Paxton Lynch and Jerry’s hard-on for him.

So there's a 10% chance of finding our new franchise QB that's better than Dak?
I like them odds.

Last edited:

ICP

Reaction score
I've seen this suggestion many times.

Here's the deal. No team would be interested. So it would accomplish nothing. Nobody's giving up two 1s for the right to give Dak Prescott 40 million a year. It's not happening. You'd have to be delusional to think there'd be interest in that.

The Cowboys are negotiating against themselves. Which is why they're idiots and Prescott actually has no leverage despite media and fan boy reports.
I used to have the same line of thought but then saw the Rams give up two firsts for Stafford

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to have the same line of thought but then saw the Rams give up two firsts for Stafford

That was a terrible trade but the Rams did it to dump salary. In this scenario a team is giving up two 1st round picks and adding one of the richest contracts in league history to their salary cap.

For what? Dak Prescott? Be real.

fivetwos

Reaction score
That was a terrible trade but the Rams did it to dump salary. In this scenario a team is giving up two 1st round picks and adding one of the richest contracts in league history to their salary cap.

For what? Dak Prescott? Be real.
I agree that there may not be a line of teams willing to do that, but I do think there would be one, maybe two that would actually do it, and thats all it takes.

KB1122

Reaction score
Here's the deal. No team would be interested. So it would accomplish nothing. Nobody's giving up two 1s for the right to give Dak Prescott 40 million a year. It's not happening. You'd have to be delusional to think there'd be interest in that.

I see your point. But I think it's more like, no team serious about championships would do this. Is there a franchise out there that would be happy to be 9-7 and mooch off of Dallas Cowboys luster for a few years? Quite possible. The Jets are out there.

CWR

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me....but when I read the title Stop the nonsense....I knew the thread was about the Cowboys-Prescott contract standoff.

Lol, yeah your intuition is on point. In hindsight I'd have included Daks name on the topic as not to offend those that felt "tricked" onto the thread. I realize how hard it's been on some to have pushed the link and wasted 2.5 seconds of their precious time. Seriously though Tom foolery was not my intent. It is nonsense though ya know?

catiii

Reaction score
You should know that you’re considered a joke here.
ARE YOU A BROKEN RECORD. I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE SEEN YOU SAY THAT. JOIN THE CONSTRUCTIVE ARGUMENT AND STOP INSULTING PEOPLE

Verdict

Reaction score
I've seen this suggestion many times.

The Cowboys are negotiating against themselves. Which is why they're idiots and Prescott actually has no leverage despite media and fan boy reports.
The Cowboys may be negotiating against themselves. The Cowboys have more leverage than everyone is pretending they do. But they have to be willing to use it. It’s business. They should be using it

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Place the non-exclusive franchise tag on him and let's see where it goes.

A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if the player signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

I'd like to keep Dak, but not on a three year cap busting deal. I hope there is no truth to the rumor. In any event if we can't get a deal done early this is the way to go. Dak will either find his worth or lack thereof as many of you say.

If someone signs him, with our 10th pick and 3 first the following season we have more than enough ammo to move up and get our QB. From there we have the cap space to make a difference on the defense and we can go heavy on D the rest of the draft as well.

I'm a Dak fan, but a much bigger Cowboys fan. Let's quit playing games and get this done.

Pretty easy why they dont. Why would you want to negotiate with the highest bidder? As simple as that.

And if you are going to trade him, why would you want the place and price of the trade to be determined by someone else and not yourself?

Wouldnt you want to flip the script and have a bidding war of draft picks for Dak? And to make sure he doesnt get signed by some team that will be a SB contender with Dak and net you two late first round picks?

CWR

Reaction score
Pretty easy why they dont. Why would you want to negotiate with the highest bidder? As simple as that.

And if you are going to trade him, why would you want the place and price of the trade to be determined by someone else and not yourself?

Wouldnt you want to flip the script and have a bidding war of draft picks for Dak? And to make sure he doesnt get signed by some team that will be a SB contender with Dak and net you two late first round picks?

I understand keeping him off the market to keep cost down. The problem is its too late for that. The cost appears to be what an ever inflated market dictates.

My thought is the other bidder either under bids him and hopefully helps to lower his market value OR if they really really want him and offer a contract we can't match we take 2 first round picks. Considering money due I don't believe we will get more than 2 first rounders from anyone.

I say this again, I like Dak a lot. I wish we'd have signed him last year, however if he is really seeking a 3 year deal it's going to be extremely hard to get it done and have any remaining cap flexibility given our contracts. I'd gladly sacrifice Jaylon and Zeke but there's too much dead money. I dont think its bad money going to Dak I think we did a bad job prioritizing where our money went and now we are stuck with the consequences.

Nonetheless if we signed Dak tomorrow I'd be excited to know he will remain our QB1. Just don't franchise him and let him walk for a comp pick.