CFZ Streaks that must end

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all know about the long 27 year streak of no divisional playoff wins or NFC championship games or Super Bowls. Obviously those streaks need to end asap.

But before we change that long frustrating history, we need two big streaks to also end that could lead to the end of the 27 yr streak:
  1. Making the playoffs in back to back seasons. It’s been 15 years since the last time this team made the playoffs in back to back seasons- 2006-07 to be exact. Looking very much like that streak will finally be broken this year.
  2. Winning a road playoff game for the first time in 30 years. I still can’t believe we haven’t won a road playoff game since the 1992 NFC championship game in SF nearly 30 years ago. We are 0-8 on the road in the playoffs since the day Jimmy Johnson screamed, “How about them Cowboys!”
It’s pretty simple- if this year is going to be a success the two streaks above must end. Winning a road playoff game is THE test for a true SB contender. It looks increasingly like the Cowboys will have to win some road playoff games to make the last 27 yr streak end.

Here’s to making the playoffs and winning some road playoff games.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We all know about the long 27 year streak of no divisional playoff wins or NFC championship games or Super Bowls. Obviously those streaks need to end asap.

But before we change that long frustrating history, we need two big streaks to also end that could lead to the end of the 27 yr streak:
  1. Making the playoffs in back to back seasons. It’s been 15 years since the last time this team made the playoffs in back to back seasons- 2006-07 to be exact. Looking very much like that streak will finally be broken this year.
  2. Winning a road playoff game for the first time in 30 years. I still can’t believe we haven’t won a road playoff game since the 1992 NFC championship game in SF nearly 30 years ago. We are 0-8 on the road in the playoffs since the day Jimmy Johnson screamed, “How about them Cowboys!”
It’s pretty simple- if this year is going to be a success the two streaks above must end. Winning a road playoff game is THE test for a true SB contender. It looks increasingly like the Cowboys will have to win some road playoff games to make the last 27 streak end.

damn I didn't know the second one was that bad,,,

tunahelper

Reaction score

It’s pretty simple- if this year is going to be a success the two streaks above must end. Winning a road playoff game is THE test for a true SB contender. It looks increasingly like the Cowboys will have to win some road playoff games to make the last 27 streak end.

One game at a time for player and fan.

cnuball21

Reaction score
As good as I think this years team is, winning on the road in the playoffs is my biggest concern.

The MN win was awesome, so hopefully that’s a confidence builder beating a good team on the road.

TWOK11

Reaction score
The road playoff losing streak isn’t THAT surprising. Winning road playoff games is just about the hardest single game event to accomplish in the league. The league average is about 1 road playoff win per decade.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wow. I was in denial up to your little factoid there. Thanks! :muttley:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still can’t believe we haven’t won a road playoff game since the 1992 NFC championship game in SF nearly 30 years ago. We are 0-8 on the road in the playoffs since the day Jimmy Johnson screamed, “How about them Cowboys!”
giphy.gif

2e222ce8-6faf-4134-b1c6-e4e0ed1ab15f.gif

Shane612

Reaction score
When was the last Dallas QB to be All-Pro?
Was Prescott ever an All-Pro?
Was Tony Romo?
I'm not trolling. I genuinely don't know?
:huh:

CWR

Reaction score

It’s pretty simple- if this year is going to be a success the two streaks above must end. Winning a road playoff game is THE test for a true SB contender. It looks increasingly like the Cowboys will have to win some road playoff games to make the last 27 yr streak end.

I agree with everything except it looking increasingly likely we will need to win a road game.

I think we are in a fine position to creep up and take that #1 seed. Let's see how this plays out.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I want it to end now. But honestly, so long Jerry is around, it might be a tad hard. He runs micromanages this team too much.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Jason Garrett was our Marvin Lewis, so those ten years don't count to me. Because we never had a chance with him at the helm.

Fire Jason "Moore" Junior and our chances should drastically increase.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Road playoff wins….

None since the 1992 season. Three since 1978.

I believe it’s a total of nine in franchise history.

Two in the same season only once (1975).

Under the current format we need THREE just to GET to the Super Bowl if we don’t win the division. Start rooting against Philly harder folks