Strength of the 2005 draft...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I am not the draft guru that many others are around here...all that healthy college "rah rah" stuff makes me ill...give me some jaded professionals any day of the week..

Anyway, I know last year was a VERY strong draft with mucho talent.

It seems the 2005 crop is pretty weak...is that an accurate assessment?

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I am not the draft guru that many others are around here...all that healthy college "rah rah" stuff makes me ill...give some jaded professionals any day of the week..

Anyway, I know last year was a VERY strong draft with mucho talent.

It seems the 2005 crop is pretty weak...is that an accurate assessment?

Well . . . two University of Texas players figure to fall in the top 10 . . .

Thats the tell-tale sign of a weak draft.

;)

Bobo

Reaction score
One guy I've heard that has some inside info says that many scouts are saying this will be a good class. Hope he's right :eek:

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
I know its a weak QB class . . . and that generally hurts the top of the draft.

I think Aaron Rogers is the only QB who would get serious consideration at the top.

Actually, and again, I'm no draft expert, but it seems like overall this is a weak offensive draft.

No real top tier runners or Olineman either.

Put Henson In

Reaction score
The two Ced's Benson and Williams are the two best backs to come out since 2002 so I wouldn't call it a weak RB class.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Put Henson In said:
The two Ced's Benson and Williams are the two best backs to come out since 2002 so I wouldn't call it a weak RB class.

Who is Ced Williams? ;) I also like Brown from Auburn. He should be a good NFL back.

ndanger

Reaction score
rivals.com is good place to look at where the talent is and where it came from.you can go back to 2002 i think and look at who the blue chip players were coming out of high school.which means they would be juniors in college now derrick johnson was a five star athlete outv of texas. pretty cool site for college players

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
ndanger said:
rivals.com is good place to look at where the talent is and where it came from.you can go back to 2002 i think and look at who the blue chip players were coming out of high school.which means they would be juniors in college now derrick johnson was a five star athlete outv of texas. pretty cool site for college players

Thanks for the heads up.

I checked out the site adn added it to my favorites.

But how do you check past classes?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Midswat said:
I know its a weak QB class . . . and that generally hurts the top of the draft.

I think Aaron Rogers is the only QB who would get serious consideration at the top.

Matt Leinart will prbably go fairly high...

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Though this isn't the strongest QB class, there are quite a few good QBs that should come out. Andrew Walter, Dan Orlovsky, Kyle Orton, David Greene, and Charlie Frye are all pretty good seniors and then there is always Leinart and Rogers that may come out as well.