Strongest FA safety class in a while

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And yet we only bring back the udfa safety we had last year that no one else wanted...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
OK, I won't kid myself about something I never said. I sure won't kid myself about something my post said the opposite of.

The Cartman avatar suits you.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
No excuses for us to walk out of March without signing one:

Earl Thomas
Landon Collins
Tyran Mathieu
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Boston
Adrian Amos
Tishaun Gipson
Ha Ha Clinton Dix
Eric Weddle
Kenny Vaccaro
Jonathan Cyprien
Glover Quin
Darien Stewart
Kareem Jackson

Watch us do JUST that. Stratch off Weddle and now watch the rest drop like flies.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Earl Thomas
Landon Collins
Tyran Mathieu
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Boston
Adrian Amos
Tishaun Gipson
Ha Ha Clinton Dix
Eric Weddle
Kenny Vaccaro
Jonathan Cyprien
Glover Quin
Darien Stewart
Kareem Jackson
We like Joyner alot when he drafted

LittleD

Reaction score
Just sign ET. You only go around once.

You guys just need to get off the ET kick. He's not coming to Dallas and we aren't going to offer anywhere what he wants. Even if he did come for
a discount, he would be a malcontent the whole season cause he wasn't the highest paid safety.

Kaiser

Reaction score
You guys just need to get off the ET kick. He's not coming to Dallas and we aren't going to offer anywhere what he wants. Even if he did come for
a discount, he would be a malcontent the whole season cause he wasn't the highest paid safety.

He is a difference maker on a defense that badly needs one, and where he could be the guy who puts the defense over the top. What his agent says now and what NFL teams actually offer are two different things, everyone is asking for the moon at this point. Lets see what happens on the 13th when the actual signing period opens.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

Earl Thomas
Landon Collins
Tyran Mathieu
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Boston
Adrian Amos
Tishaun Gipson
Ha Ha Clinton Dix
Eric Weddle
Kenny Vaccaro
Jonathan Cyprien
Glover Quin
Darien Stewart
Kareem Jackson

Jeff Heath needs to be replaced as a starter if this franchise wants to show any signs that they know what they're doing. Fine as a backup and ST player but that effort on the Goff run at the end of the Rams game was embarrassing. I almost don't care who it is.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score

Earl Thomas
Landon Collins
Tyran Mathieu
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Boston
Adrian Amos
Tishaun Gipson
Ha Ha Clinton Dix
Eric Weddle
Kenny Vaccaro
Jonathan Cyprien
Glover Quin
Darien Stewart
Kareem Jackson

I don't get the ET talk. Maybe he does sign here and this post looks dumb in hindsight, but I just don't see reason to believe he comes here.

With everything we have seen for years about this front office's approach to player acquisition, this move doesn't fit anymore. This is a late 2000s move, not a late 2010s move.

There has certainly been a desire to obtain ET from both sides but at no point have both parties been even remotely close in compensation. This is true now for the Dallas FO and ET's agent in terms of money, and it was true last year for the Dallas and Seattle FOs in terms of draft picks.

With all these available safeties it makes a lot more sense to imagine Dallas getting one of their famous "bridge players". With the additional cap space I think it might approach 7 or 8 million instead of the typical 1 to 2 million we usually spend in the bargain bin. Next I imagine they would draft a safety somewhere in the 2nd and 4th rounds to begin developing homegrown youth to replace the bridge player.

I think it would be very easy to start next season with a safety group like:
  1. 7M/YR free agent off the OP's list
  2. Xavier Woods
  3. 2nd or 3rd round draft pick
  4. Heath

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Jahleel Addae added to the list of FA.
Started the previous 32 games straight for San Diego.
Credited by the young guys like Derwin James for being a great mentor and locker room presence.

Struggled somewhat switching from SS to FS last year.

Was due 5.5 mil and chargers deemed that too much

He seems like the type we’ll end up with.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Give me:

Adrian Amos
Kenny Vaccaro
Amos is more than solid but he doesn’t fix what ails this defense more than anything, the lack of turnovers.
And for what he’ll get paid, I can’t see it.

Vaccaro though, he signed for 1.5 last year and a max value of 2.75.

If the titans don’t extend him, please bring him in.

LittleD

Reaction score
He is a difference maker on a defense that badly needs one, and where he could be the guy who puts the defense over the top. What his agent says now and what NFL teams actually offer are two different things, everyone is asking for the moon at this point. Lets see what happens on the 13th when the actual signing period opens.

If he's still available after two weeks of FA, I would say odds would be higher else zilch.