Sturm: This is the year to need a TE

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not a fan of Kaden Smith in terms of bringing something new to our current crop.
Nor am I. He is probably my least favorite of the ones likely to make it to 58.

Hockenson, Fant and Smith won't make it.

Then you have a cluster of guys like Nauta, Sternberger, Smith, Dax Raymond, Dawson Knox, Caleb Wilson, Alize Mack etc.

A player that is supposed to be on the rise is Kahale Warring.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Then you have a cluster of guys like Nauta, Sternberger, Smith, Dax Raymond, Dawson Knox, Caleb Wilson, Alize Mack etc.

Josh Oliver is a late riser for me. Can’t wait to see how he tests out. I could see him flying up boards.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I'm just not sold on the investment of any of these other guys.

It's early days but I feel like they are all dime a dozen types and that is what is already on the roster.

I want a difference maker at the position and I don't know if any of them are any better then JArwin.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I want a difference maker at the position and I don't know if any of them are any better then JArwin.

It is just that kind of thinking that may have that position continue to be a pain point next season.

Plain and simple, those that are thought of as being "difference makers" will be long gone and if we sit there and claim all others available aren't better than what we have, then we really may be very lazy at scouting. I don't see how everyone beyond the top two-three players at the position are inferior to Blake Jarwin.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It is just that kind of thinking that may have that position continue to be a pain point next season.

Plain and simple, those that are thought of as being "difference makers" will be long gone and if we sit there and claim all others available aren't better than what we have, then we really may be very lazy at scouting. I don't see how everyone beyond the top two-three players at the position are inferior to Blake Jarwin.

Hey if one of them are better then i'm all for it but if they are just jags then find me a bridge player like Tyler Eifert until we can draft a guy with real quality.

I don't want to add another Schultz or Jarwin to the mix.

Maybe Sternberger is that guy but nothing jumps out to me about these players. I don't even think Smith Jr is anything special.

I like the 2 Iowa players and then it get Jaggy IMO. I may change my mind.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Josh Oliver is a late riser for me. Can’t wait to see how he tests out. I could see him flying up boards.

I don’t think he’s going to blow them up, but he’s a coordinated athlete that moves well. I still see him as a 3rd day pick, but I like him a lot.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s going to blow them up, but he’s a coordinated athlete that moves well. I still see him as a 3rd day pick, but I like him a lot.

I don’t think he’ll test elite, but I think he’ll test as an above average athlete for the position and showcase some smooth route running with natural hands.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Meh,it's obvious kellen likes the guys he's got, who are already well versed&accustomed to his implemented offensive schemeo_O

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I'm just not sold on the investment of any of these other guys.

It's early days but I feel like they are all dime a dozen types and that is what is already on the roster.

I want a difference maker at the position and
I don't know if any of them are any better then JArwin.

Nauta is not a middling player, he would probably be the best all-around tight end the moment he steps on the field for Dallas.

Sternberger has some Travis Kelce to his game, though not quite the blocker.

None of Gronk, Kelce, Kittle and Ertz were drafted in the first. Don’t dismiss them because they aren’t going in round one.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nauta is not a middling player, he would probably be the best all-around tight end the moment he steps on the field for Dallas.

None of Gronk, Kelce, Kittle and Ertz were drafted in the first. Don’t dismiss them because they aren’t going in round one.

Don't forget Pope Jason Witten I was a 3rd round pick.

Now the 31 other teams ended up sending a letter asking for forgiveness for the snub but still.

I think we could replace Blake Jarwin with a 5th round pick in this draft.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

For the record, Strum did say if he were the Cowboys, he'd take Sternberger at 58 and not look back.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Don't forget Pope Jason Witten I was a 3rd round pick.

Now the 31 other teams ended up sending a letter asking for forgiveness for the snub but still.

I think we could replace Blake Jarwin with a 5th round pick in this draft.

I think times have changed since then.

Teams are putting more value into the position and your seeing dudes go earlier than when they used to.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I'm not.

I just don't see anything standout about the TE's other then the Iowa guys.

I don't even think Irv smith is anything special.

Solid group.. Deepest position in the draft most likely. But difference makers? As of now I just don't see it.