Sturm concerns on Quinn potential cap hit

dogberry

Reaction score
Sturm follows Green Bay. Has he commented on the Cobb signing?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
drumstep.gif

GEORGE ILOKADB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Free agent S George Iloka is visiting the Raiders on Wednesday.
It appears DC Paul Guenther is trying to get the old Bengals band back together. After signing Vontaze Burfict on Tuesday, Iloka, who also played six seasons under Guenther in Cincinnati, is in the building. Iloka spent last season in Minnesota, playing just 116 defensive snaps.

RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 20, 2019, 9:21 AM

mp,550x550,gloss,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg

Creeper

Reaction score
I would not pay Zeke $14 million a year. I would not pay any running back that much money. I'd rather sign an all-pro OG for that money and then draft a RB in the 3rd round. Offenses are no longer built around running backs. Many teams have had success running the football with guys they drafted in the rounds 3-5. Maybe they don't lead the league in rushing but they do enough to make their offenses very productive.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I really hope Dallas has enough to fit him in. It's a big need. Even if they get lucky in the draft it takes time.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Sign your guy at the same position, who is a better player, leader of the defense, and who is loyal first.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If they're all being paid their contract averages? It would likely be close:
Dak $28-$30 million
Amari $17 million
DLaw $20 million
Zeke $14 million
Jones $15 million

That's like what? About $94 million in total?

And DLaw, Zeke and Jones already count about 30 Million on this year's cap, so it would only be an increase of 64MM.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sturm isn’t one of those guys though which is why I really don’t understand what he’s pushing here. He knows the cap is malleable and so are contracts.
Because Sturm knows what DAL has been doing and he is right.
Head-in-sand fans don't want to admit it but he is.

DAL "could" change model and push money off or they "could" simply be after Quinn for 1 year.
Or they "could" just not think about future years....

In all likelihood it is option 2.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yes, but in the $100 million roster projections for 2020, their salaries aren't counted at all.
But if they were extended this year they could roll over 15m to next year.....negating their cap hit

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Because Sturm knows what DAL has been doing and he is right.
Head-in-sand fans don't want to admit it but he is.

DAL "could" change model and push money off or they "could" simply be after Quinn for 1 year.
Or they "could" just not think about future years....

In all likelihood it is option 2.
Zack Martins 2018 cap hit was 6 million. So please point out which of their recent bigger signings to look to to see this flat AAV structure.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I'm surprised that he's failing to consider the fact that the Dolphins are going to pay a large portion of Quinn's 2019 salary to facilitate this trade. Just like they did when they just traded Ryan Tannehill. Quinn's salary will be cut in half at the very least this year. And as for an extension, Quinn, his agent, and any prospective trade partner know that he's currently being overpaid and those salary numbers have to come down in the future.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:Let them pay and Dallas reep the benefit

Verdict

Reaction score
Sturm must be mistaken. The salary cap is made up. It must be true. I heard it here at CZ.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
we have plenty of money and manuverality to sign all of our guys and make whatever moves we want.

We are in the best cap situation we have been in aisin the cap era.

Don't try telling that to most fans here. You'll be met with:

NO! Too expensive!
We have our own guys to sign!
Can't sign everybody out there!
Glad we passed on him, not worth that much!
Glad we passed on that guy..gotta sign Tank!
Stephen is being smart. Focus on the draft!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Does anyone really believe that JJ does not know how to manipulate the cap?

Is this a trick question? I watched Jerry put us in cap hell for 10 years before we got out with the hire of Parcells. Put me in the "Yes, does not know" grouping please.