Twitter: Sturm: Here is where DLaw is getting his numbers

glimmerman

Reaction score
He asked for 20 just a few weeks ago. We come up to 20 and offer him what he wants likely so he has his surgery done and is ready to go for camps or at least some of it and him or his agent raises it to 22.5. Getting to where I would side with the FO if they decided no thanks.

Sydla

Reaction score
By the way, where is Sturm getting his info that the Cowboys cut their initial offer of guaranteed money?

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Just because Chicago overpaid doesn't mean we have to. You can cherry pick stats for all the high caliber players and compare them to the highest salaries at their respective positions and pay them accordingly but if you do you are left with 4 or 5 stars and a roster full of low paid players.

I have no doubt that Dlaw, Cooper, Zeke, Jones, Jaylon, Amari, Frederick, Martin, Tron, and even Dak can urge their agents to cherry pick stats and make the case that they each belong amongst the highest paid at their respective positions.

If they are all that damn good then why can't they win more?

If DLaw is being offered 20 mil per year which is the highest salary a DE has ever been offered in the NFL and he is not happy with that then trade his azz and send a message to the next round of contract seekers that we will offer you a fair salary but we cannot afford to break the bank for any one player when we have so many deserving.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
In no way should Aaron Donald's money ever come out of the agent's mouth. Work on comparable guaranteed money to what is being signed around the league and get the dang deal done at 6 yrs 120.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Personally I would tag him for the coming year instead of paying him a huge contract.

Lawrence has stated he will not play under the tag again.

We either give him market value or he isn’t a Cowboy. It’s simple.

Trade him for what? And replace him with?

A sack of potatoes, and replace him with said sack of potatoes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Theses numbers are very close to what I was expecting.

5 years, around $100 million, with $60 million of that guaranteed.

Essentially, a 3-year deal for $60 million where the team decides from there whether or not to cintinue the relationship or cut the player with some dead money.

I'm fine with it.

DRella

Reaction score
Trade him for what? And replace him with?

If he thinks he is Mack worthy then Cowboys should be able to obtain a Mack return!!! So get a Mack return. Draft accordingly. With 20 million saved go out and acquire Quinn at end, and sign up Suh to anchor middle of line. It should definitely help keep this DL relevant even without Lawrence.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dallas has no reason to up their offer unless they thing bigger contracts are going to be signed before the July 15th deadline to do an extension.

With Dez Bryant Dallas did exactly the same thing and signed him a few hours before the deadline to a contract that was almost identical to DeMaryius Thomas. Dallas has no reason to do anything different.

Dez wanted a contract to match Calvin Johnson but took the market rate. That happened because Dez wasn't Calvin Johnson and DLaw will take the Dallas offer at the deadline because he isn't Khalil Mack.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I would rescind the tag and tell him to see if another team will give him Mack money and bring the offer to see if they can match.

I don’t think another team will give him the money either!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas has no reason to up their offer unless they thing bigger contracts are going to be signed before the July 15th deadline to do an extension.

With Dez Bryant Dallas did exactly the same thing and signed him a few hours before the deadline to a contract that was almost identical to DeMaryius Thomas. Dallas has no reason to do anything different.

Dez wanted a contract to match Calvin Johnson but took the market rate. That happened because Dez wasn't Calvin Johnson and DLaw will take the Dallas offer at the deadline because he isn't Khalil Mack.

How does the shoulder surgery factor into your scenario?

DRella

Reaction score

BINGO we got a winner!!!