Success of season rest on Daks health

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If he can stay upright for 17 games we should win the division. I’m not sure he can though with the injury concerns of our OL.

And in the event Dak does miss some time doesn’t look like we’ve addressed our backup QB adequately either. These are my biggest concerns.

But if Dak can remain healthy lighting up this offense and our defense is improved to at least top 20 instead of worst we could make some noise.

The NFC once you get past Tampa and a Green Bay with Rodgers, is fair game.
th

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What injury concerns of our O-line are you talking about? They are going into this season healthier than they've been in years. Are you just addressing your own paranoia?

I think that same paranoia is what keeps you from accepting Garrett Gilbert as our backup QB. He's a fine QB and will do great if he needs to come in.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The same concerns we always have with those with injury history. Once you have a history of injury there is always concern.
Only in your head. The rest of the sports-loving world believes in modern sports medicine and knows it can overcome these things. ;) I hope you are able to work out your paranoia issues. :)

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I think the other 31 teams could make that same statement. If your starting quarterback goes down for any length of time you're in trouble. And that's to say nothing about his weapons or his protection that he depends on to be successful. May the NFL gods smile upon us and have the injury bug take his meals elsewhere this season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Only in your head. The rest of the sports-loving world believes in modern sports medicine and knows it can overcome these things. ;) I hope you are able to work out your paranoia issues. :)
Not saying can’t overcome but once there is history it’s in the back of your mind. It’s a concern. And it becomes part of the narrative . Whether it’s concussions , a knee, back, neck, etc.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the other 31 teams could make that same statement. If your starting quarterback goes down for any length of time you're in trouble. And that's to say nothing about his weapons or his protection that he depends on to be successful. May the NFL gods smile upon us and have the injury bug take his meals elsewhere this season.
There are teams which either have a strong defense which can carry the team or seasoned backup QB which can come in and win a few games.

We have no history of either. That makes us more dependent on our starting QB.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he can stay upright for 17 games we should win the division. I’m not sure he can though with the injury concerns of our OL.
Injury concerns? They are healed up and ready to go. Smitty says he is the best he has been in a long time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think a lot of you don't realize that just having a good offense and a top 20 defense doesn't automatically equal success.

It's like Daks last full season (2019) never happened.
That was a bad, bad defense. It’s like you have selective amnesia.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That was a bad, bad defense. It’s like you have selective amnesia.
It was top 12 in both passing and rushing yards allowed and NINTH in points allowed per game.

You're too emotional and WAY too in your feels. You spout of things without anything to back it up just because you don't like it. Your personal opinion doesn't change stone cold stats.

Talk about selective amnesia....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It was top 12 in both passing and rushing yards allowed and NINTH in points allowed per game.

You're too emotional and WAY too in your feels. You spout of things without anything to back it up just because you don't like it. Your personal opinion doesn't change stone cold stats.

Talk about selective amnesia....
They were 11th in pts allowed. Anyways, that was a bad defense stats not withstanding.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think a lot of you don't realize that just having a good offense and a top 20 defense doesn't automatically equal success.

It's like Daks last full season (2019) never happened.
I think we all are under the assumption Mike McCarthy, a Super Bowl winning head coach, is better than Jason Garrett but maybe we are reaching?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Again, just because you want it to be bad doesn't make it true.

We all know why you so badly want that 2019 defense to be bad. You're not fooling anyone.
Well I watched all the games. It was bad. You're entitled to your opinion.