Success of season rest on Daks health

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Diehardblues, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

37,401 Messages
    21,932 Likes Received
    At least back then we just released players instead of these silly suspensions.

2. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

26,961 Messages
    23,244 Likes Received
    Correction, it's in the back of your head. You don't speak for anyone else. If you saw Dak's presser yesterday he talked about injury and when a player is past it. He said there is a mental game that goes on even after the doctors have done their job. You just have to heal and get your confidence back. Until you get that confidence back, it's in the back of your mind that it might not be okay, Dak said he got his confidence back around Cinco de Mayo and he has been 100% ever since then. Hasn't thought about it or been limited in any way. Our linemen went through the same thing but they are 100% now. They've been interviewed and told similar stories about getting their confidence back. If you still feel concerned for them then that's fine but stop projecting that concern as if it's in anyone else's head but your own. They are fine, so let them be and stop being such a worrywart.

3. JoeKing

26,961 Messages
    23,244 Likes Received
    Yes, I do. :)

4. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

13,577 Messages
    6,564 Likes Received
    It rest on the defense, Dak is a concern farther down the list.

5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

99,886 Messages
    26,923 Likes Received
    As for the title of the threat I think that is fairly accurate that the success of the season rest on Dak health. Spoiler alert the success of Tampa Bay season rest of Brady health and KC on Mahomes health. As for my own view the success overall relies on this team to step up, Dak included to make a real run at a championship. Football is just not a 1 man sport and while I think Dak is capable of leading this team he will need those other players on the team to get to where they want to go. Cowboys of the 90's did not just rely on Aikman or the offense, they had a defense and made big plays in special teams and because of that they won championships. As great as Brady is his play did not shut down Mahomes it was the Tampa Bay defense that shut KC and Mahomes down. We can sit here and plays these games all day long but anyone with a clue about football knows it is the ultimate team sport and it takes a team to win not 1 man

6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

45,086 Messages
    37,963 Likes Received
    All those teams are flawed just like the Cowboys.

7. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

4,217 Messages
    7,129 Likes Received
    If this has already been mentioned then I will repeat the question....which teams do not share the same circumstances?

Which teams can still remain competitive and be considered contenders if their starter goes down? I'm not going to include teams that drafted QB's this season because, regardless of hype, they have yet to prove anything and this league chews up half the overall #1 picks in their drafts.

Looking at realistic contenders I see the Bills with Trubisky, Steelers with Haskins, and the Raiders have Mariotta. That's the best backups I can find and I think most would agree they are iffy considering their prior performances.

8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

63,967 Messages
    122,008 Likes Received
    It does but I'm not going to wish bad health on a guy just to win football games. It's bad mojo.

Captain-Crash likes this.
  9. Diehardblues

37,401 Messages
    21,932 Likes Received
    You think our defense could be enough to carry this team if Dak goes down?

10. Diehardblues

37,401 Messages
    21,932 Likes Received
    I suspect it will be in everyone’s mind. That gruesome ankle injury is tough to erase from the memory.

We’ll see how many times it’s mentioned by announcers and writers , etc . That’s the narrative I speak of. Of course Daks not going to talk about it. He has to block it out.

11. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

16,257 Messages
    12,768 Likes Received
    The team you are describing to win the NFC does not exist yet. Stand bye.

12. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

2,865 Messages
    3,689 Likes Received
    Do you think Dak can carry this defense?

Captain-Crash likes this.
  13. Diehardblues

37,401 Messages
    21,932 Likes Received
    Probably further than our defense can without him?

14. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

61,333 Messages
    65,249 Likes Received
    The NFC is about as weak and vulnerable as I have seen it in a while.

rocyaice likes this.
  15. JoeKing

26,961 Messages
    23,244 Likes Received
    That's okay. In case you didn't know, injuries can't be thought into existence. That would be hocus pocus stuff that just is not real.

16. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

2,865 Messages
    3,689 Likes Received
    Reasonable. But, "further" may not be that far.

Diehardblues and Captain-Crash like this.
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

38,330 Messages
    8,139 Likes Received
    Backup QBs rarely work out if the starter goes down for a significant amount of time. The league is so starved for QBs that quality backups that give a team a legit chance of continuing on as a contender are pretty much not a thing anymore, if they ever were in the first place. Unless you happen to have lightening strike, nobody has a contending QB on the bench.

18. rocyaice

45,086 Messages
    37,963 Likes Received
    I agree. To me its wide open personally especially if the Cowboys can manage to be a more balanced team.

19. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

6,417 Messages
    7,431 Likes Received
    Everyone has flaws but those teams being a level above the Cowboys will be able to expose the Cowboys flaws. I think the defense of Dallas is gonna be surprising good. I think the flaws will be in the offensive line and that will lead to Daks inability to read and get rid of the ball quickly to be exposed. Actually it's already been exposed and the better defenses have done that.

20. rocyaice

45,086 Messages
    37,963 Likes Received
    Dak’s lack of getting the ball out quickly has more to do with coaching than him. Romo had the same issue here.