Suggestion: merge forums?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I was just curious if you guys had ever considered merging forums since some of them don't seem to be used.

Maybe merge Draft Zone with Cowboys Zone since most draft stuff is about the Cowboys?

Fantasy Football Zone doesn't seem to have any users. And the Sports Zone is pretty vacant. They could both be merged with Off-topic Zone without doing much damage.

Maybe even merging the support and testing forum?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I was just curious if you guys had ever considered merging forums since some of them don't seem to be used.

Maybe merge Draft Zone with Cowboys Zone since most draft stuff is about the Cowboys?

Fantasy Football Zone doesn't seem to have any users. And the Sports Zone is pretty vacant. They could both be merged with Off-topic Zone without doing much damage.

Maybe even merging the support and testing forum?
We're considering removing the testing forum altogether since any change to the user profile affects all posts. It is still in existence more for the banners we are considering than anything.

The Fantasy Football Zone will get traffic once the season arrives. It is only natural that it be quiet now.

The Draft Talk Zone is quiet now, but once Mock drafts and draft speculation hit peak it will be jumping again.

The Cowboys Zone will always be the high trafic forum. That is why so many people post stuff there that they shouldn't and why stuff gets moved.

Each forum serves a purpose to try and accomodate all tastes and interests.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
We're considering removing the testing forum altogether since any change to the user profile affects all posts. It is still in existence more for the banners we are considering than anything.

The Fantasy Football Zone will get traffic once the season arrives. It is only natural that it be quiet now.

The Draft Talk Zone is quiet now, but once Mock drafts and draft speculation hit peak it will be jumping again.

The Cowboys Zone will always be the high trafic forum. That is why so many people post stuff there that they shouldn't and why stuff gets moved.

Each forum serves a purpose to try and accomodate all tastes and interests.

I agree and good job Hos.

I think of all the forums the only one that might be merged and be a good idea IMO is the sports talk and off topic forum.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Yes, good job guys! Sorry to approach you on this issue but I'm just anal sometimes and curious about the slow forums. ;) The forums are good as is and I didn't spend much time on the old board writing on the forums that didn't have to deal with the Cowboys so I don't know when some of the seasonal ones pick up. Good job though on the best Dallas Cowboys message board out there. :cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Yes, good job guys! Sorry to approach you on this issue but I'm just anal sometimes and curious about the slow forums. ;) The forums are good as is and I didn't spend much time on the old board writing on the forums that didn't have to deal with the Cowboys so I don't know when some of the seasonal ones pick up. Good job though on the best Dallas Cowboys message board out there. :cool:
Don't feel you have to apologize for approaching us at all. There have been some really good suggestions from a lot of posters. We take every suggestion into consideration.

I just felt like you deserved an explanation why some things are as they are. Every change on this site has had a purpose in mind. Sometimes the reasons are evident, sometimes they aren't.