Suns owner Robert Sarver suspended 1 year, fined 10 million dollars

John813

Reaction score
Tough subject to talk about.

I think the suspension and fine(max fine NBA could do) is fine.
Silver has the fine line of repping the owners and deciding punishment.

Don't believe there was anything in there, and not at the Sterling level, that required Sarver to be booted. Although from what I heard from Suns fans is they wish he got booted.

rags

Reaction score
Tough subject to talk about.

I think the suspension and fine(max fine NBA could do) is fine.
Silver has the fine line of repping the owners and deciding punishment.

Don't believe there was anything in there, and not at the Sterling level, that required Sarver to be booted. Although from what I heard from Suns fans is they wish he got booted.

Including LeBron.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's weird when you hear stories like this.
I haven't heard someone other than a comedian use the "N" word in a real-life setting in at least 20 years.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wont matter on the court, but if he isn't able to participate in business decisions it will effect the team financially.

I doubt that. Not for a 1-year suspension. There more than just him running the show.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I doubt that. Not for a 1-year suspension. There more than just him running the show.
Its not a death sentence that will cause the organization to go bankrupt or anything. But having the head of the organization not able to take part in the organization for a year will still have a negative impact

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Its not a death sentence that will cause the organization to go bankrupt or anything. But having the head of the organization not able to take part in the organization for a year will still have a negative impact

If they were to have a poor season it will have a negative impact on their finances. The Suns are pretty good so fans are going to keep showing up. Owning an NBA team isn't like running a food truck where your finances are so dire that you can't afford a short-term hit. Not that it matters, because even if they do take a hit guess who suffers the most? The guy suspended.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Wow, what he did seems just as bad as Donald Sterling who they forced to sell the team.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/r/suns/comments/xe3jph/sarver_investigation_quotes_thread_nsfw/

I think the biggest issue for the NBA was a lot of the allegations were from years ago, and some could be hearsay.

Sterling's outburst was recorded on audio.

He basically admitted to it.

I accept the consequences of the NBA’s decision. This moment is an opportunity for me to demonstrate a capacity to learn and grow as we continue to build a working culture where every employee feels comfortable and valued.

You don't "learn and grow" from something you haven't done.

John813

Reaction score
He basically admitted to it.

You don't "learn and grow" from something you haven't done.

I was mainly just referring to the certain word used as the post I quoted was about Sterling and his infamous quote.
Those allegations were from 5-10 years ago.
The investigation had evidence of him saying said a terrible word multiple times, and workplace misconduct towards females in a sexual manner and creating a hostile work environment.
It's a vague apology that covers all without really confirming nor denying a certain allegation.
Him accepting the punishment and wanting to create no more ripples is a smart thing to do. Last thing he wants is anymore leaks or this to stay in the news and upset more sponsors.

John813

Reaction score
Selling is a win for the NBA. Win too for Sarver as he'll take home a nice check.

Hopefully it's a win for the fans and the next owner isn't worse in terms of being a cheapo

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Please someone follow Jerry around with a recorder and get him to sing a Busta Rymes song.