News: Super Bowl 2019: How the New England Patriots were built through the NFL Draft

CCBoy

Reaction score
Super Bowl 2019: How the New England Patriots were built through the NFL Draft
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...nd-patriots-were-built-through-the-nfl-draft/

(Offense)
...Takeaway
Belichick's ability to find powerful, highly athletic offensive linemen in the middle rounds has been a key piece to the Patriots success, especially this season. Of course, without Brady, New England's offense would be considerably different, but a lot of credit has to be given to the likes of Thuney, Mason and Co. up front and for Belichick for being patient and finding them outside the first two rounds. As for Michel, for as good as he's been of late, Belichick using a first-round pick on him was probably not the best value. However, for as much ridicule as teams have recently (and rightfully) received for taking a back that early, New England did have two first-round selections in 2018 and as a Super Bowl contender, adding a talented offensive piece isn't the worst idea...

(Defense)
Takeaway
Belichick has been able to get more out of Harmon, Flowers, and Roberts than anyone thought he could. McCourty started as a corner and has been one of the best safeties in the game for years now. Harmon and Flowers have standout athletic traits, and Roberts' high-energy playing style is an ideal fit in his sub-package role.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Super Bowl 2019: How the Los Angeles Rams were built through the NFL Draft
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ngeles-rams-were-built-through-the-nfl-draft/

(Offense)
Takeaway
While McVay deserves all the praise he receives, it's not as if the took over a replica of the Jeff Fisher-led Rams. Snead worked aggressively to bring in veterans like superstar left tackle Andrew Whitworth, underrated center John Sullivan, and receivers Robert Woods and Cooks on the offensive side of the ball. Goff (and Gurley) are in the ideal environment to succeed, and they've certainly played to the potential they showed in college. The selection of Saffold was made by a different regime, but Snead's early-round selections (Donald, Gurley, Goff, Havenstein) have been integral pieces to this Super Bowl team.

(Defense)
Takeaway
Similar to the home run selections in Round 1 on offense, Snead has done a remarkable job with early picks on the defensive side of the ball, starting with his first pick as Rams GM (Brockers) that came after the Rams traded down in the Robert Griffin III trade with Washington. Snead emphasized athleticism and versatility with the mid-round linebacker selections of Johnson and Ebukam and landed another multi-faceted talented in Joyner in the second round of 2014.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the cowboys have built through the draft and have nothing to show for it NOTHING at all

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
0rmRRIq.jpg

DStar22

Reaction score
the cowboys have built through the draft and have nothing to show for it NOTHING at all

I mean I hate to get away from the original post , but it just seems to me like the Patriots defense at times is allowed to play more aggressive than most before penalties are called.

I know I saw at least one blatant PI that wasn't called last night.

but yeah other than that they have been built well... but i think thats part of their edge.. not saying they are cheating , per se... but someone likes them

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Super Bowl boiled down to the Rams not turning a play in the end zone, and with a receiver that was wide open by two defensive misreads on the play, by New England. That McCourtney was able to make a play was probably the turning point in this game. Cook was wide...wide open.

Then New England gave false reads and went to a zone defense with blitzes and stunts that the Rams were not prepared for...and didn't read correctly.