Super Bowl contender and no backup

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I trust the coaches and McClay at this point. If they feel as if the back ups on this roster are capable of filling in for a game or 2 then I'm going with that. In my opinion if Dak goes down for the season we are done but so are most teams in the NFL if their starter goes down.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I trust the coaches and McClay at this point. If they feel as if the back ups on this roster are capable of filling in for a game or 2 then I'm going with that. In my opinion if Dak goes down for the season we are done but so are most teams in the NFL if their starter goes down.

Im still a bit surprised they chose Rush over Gilbert.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Im still a bit surprised they chose Rush over Gilbert.
Me too but it had to be something. Based on press conferences from Mac it sounds like he is extremely pleased that Rush knows the entire playbook. I'm sure Kellen had say as well.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The FO only tells the media so much. No one knows what the Jones' have up their sleeves as a backup should something happen to Dak. I think lol.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
How is it that we are finally a contender this year and we do not have a reliable backup QB?

Foles
Newton
Flacco (doubt eagles would have traded)

im sure I’m missing others as well.

Do you have any idea what is out there at backup QB? The has-been QBs are all just a name which serves as some sort of emotional blanket for some fans.

When was the last time Foles took a snap in a meaningful game? He is sitting behind Fields and Dalton. He hasn’t seen 1st team reps in practice for probably 2 to 3 years.

Newton? He got beat out by a rookie and his arm is shot. Why is he still available?

Flacco? Been years since he was good. He is a statue in the pocket. Think Vinny Testeverde in his last year with the Cowboys.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How is it that we are finally a contender this year and we do not have a reliable backup QB?

Foles
Newton
Flacco (doubt eagles would have traded)

im sure I’m missing others as well.
What you are missing is that Cooper Rush is a better QB than you are giving him credit for. ;)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
This is tired.

Without looking it up, name me the backup QB for the following teams:

• TB Buccaneers
  • LA Rams
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnatti Bengals
  • Baltimore Ravens

Then tell me with a straight face why all of these teams would expect to win MULTIPLE games with that backup.

wecasa

Reaction score
There aren't 32 good starting qbs in the league and contenders need 2? Quick, without using the internet, who's the backup in Arizona? For the rams? Chargers? How about Tennessee? I could name maybe a couple just cause someone thinks they are better than the starter. QB1 goes down and not many contenders are gonna contend. Just saying....

OGCowboy

Reaction score
I’m in the minority here. I don’t see anyone they could bring in that knows the system better than Rush.....I truly think he could get us by for a couple games. Might even surprise and win one.
This team as a whole is totally different to me....so much more cohesiveness and attitude
I’m feeling like the team as a whole can pull Rush through some rough spots....we shall see.
I think Rush gonna start on Sunday

Puro Cowboys

cowboyec

Reaction score
you don't know if you have a capable back-up until he's called upon.

i'm not trading draft picks for foles.

if Dak can't go...lets find out if rush is capable.
with these weapons...he should be.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is tired.

Without looking it up, name me the backup QB for the following teams:

• TB Buccaneers
  • LA Rams
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnatti Bengals
  • Baltimore Ravens

Then tell me with a straight face why all of these teams would expect to win MULTIPLE games with that backup.
In fairness, while they weren't high quality starters, Trubisky (Buffalo) and Gabbert (TB) have been NFL starters, and Trubisky has a career winning record. And McCoy (AZ) has proven to be a solid backup that can give a team a chance to win at least. We don't have any of that going with our backups. Of course, of few of the others on your list don't either.