FEATURED Super Bowl LIII: Patriots vs Rams Game Thread

mmohican29

Reaction score
Brady is an All Timer no question.

But, all in all- color me unimpressed with this amazing Patriots run.

Play in the worst division in the NFL each season virtually guaranteeing them a playoff berth and home games in the post season.

Somehow lost to Nick Foles and Eli Manning twice

Blew opportunity at an unbeaten season to a team it trashed in the regular season

If not for horrifying coaching by the Falcons and Seahawks, they lose 2 more Super Bowls

The effort today? Good enough I guess. The phantom hold on LA thwarted any chance to really put heat on NE.

I don't know really. I think the league really sucks and has sucked for awhile. The Patriots are good and have stayed consistently good.

I'm just not going to be the guy that falls all over myself in awe of their program.

Good for them, and I'd feel differently I'm sure if the Cowboys managed to win a SB recently, but I would still think the league as a whole kinda sucks.

It's King of the Mountain with a bunch of very average teams and 4 other capable ones every year

FTWayne

Reaction score
Hey we might never make it to another super bowl but we can always make threads about the teams that do. LMAO

triplets_93

Reaction score
Here's a Highlight

6DYX2RNYZZDHFMXJI5Y5DIRWEM.jpg

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Brady is an All Timer no question.

But, all in all- color me unimpressed with this amazing Patriots run.

Play in the worst division in the NFL each season virtually guaranteeing them a playoff berth and home games in the post season.

Somehow lost to Nick Foles and Eli Manning twice

Blew opportunity at an unbeaten season to a team it trashed in the regular season

If not for horrifying coaching by the Falcons and Seahawks, they lose 2 more Super Bowls

The effort today? Good enough I guess. The phantom hold on LA thwarted any chance to really put heat on NE.

I don't know really. I think the league really sucks and has sucked for awhile. The Patriots are good and have stayed consistently good.

I'm just not going to be the guy that falls all over myself in awe of their program.

Good for them, and I'd feel differently I'm sure if the Cowboys managed to win a SB recently, but I would still think the league as a whole kinda sucks.

It's King of the Mountain with a bunch of very average teams and 4 other capable ones every year
You sound like a hater

If the Cowboys had pulled this run off, you would be waving your pom poms and claim them as the best dynasty ever.

Yea they play in a weak division, but guess what? They still beat the best teams in their conference in the playoffs. Mind-boggling I know

Doomsay

Reaction score
Was no great defensive game you idiot. The offenses sucked . Save 1 damn drive. It's amazing when the cowboys play close low scoring games they suck, are unimaginative, but tonight you want to call it a defensive game. ****
Lol

mmohican29

Reaction score
You sound like a hater

If the Cowboys had pulled this run off, you would be waving your pom poms and claim them as the best dynasty ever.

Yea they play in a weak division, but guess what? They still beat the best teams in their conference in the playoffs. Mind-boggling I know

I know this sounds like a hater, because what they've accomplished is simply amazing.

Maybe it's more boredom and blase about the league combined with the Cowboys mediocrity that has me not "appreciating" the Patriots.

What contributes to my meh feelings towards NE is the fact that they have never had to worry about a true gauntlet of opposition and it has shown in the Super Bowl games themselves.

They cruise into the playoffs every season because of a basically unobstructed schedule to at least qualifying.
They've lost to inferior teams in the playoffs on more than one occasion.

In the Super Bowls:

- probably shouldn't have qualified for their first SB win

then:

- should have lost to Seattle
-should have lost to Atlanta
- did lose to NYG
-did lose to NYG
-did lose to PHI
-played a very poor game yesterday

Look they're an excellent team, and I like Brady more than most. I think he's a class act overall and really gets too much hate imo.

That said: how do you lose to Nick Foles and Eli Manning 2x in the SB?

The Patriots however, I think we're all just a little done with and in my case- I honestly am a bit underwhelmed.

JustChip

Reaction score
I know this sounds like a hater, because what they've accomplished is simply amazing.

Maybe it's more boredom and blase about the league combined with the Cowboys mediocrity that has me not "appreciating" the Patriots.

What contributes to my meh feelings towards NE is the fact that they have never had to worry about a true gauntlet of opposition and it has shown in the Super Bowl games themselves.

They cruise into the playoffs every season because of a basically unobstructed schedule to at least qualifying.
They've lost to inferior teams in the playoffs on more than one occasion.

In the Super Bowls:

- probably shouldn't have qualified for their first SB win

then:

- should have lost to Seattle
-should have lost to Atlanta
- did lose to NYG
-did lose to NYG
-did lose to PHI
-played a very poor game yesterday

Look they're an excellent team, and I like Brady more than most. I think he's a class act overall and really gets too much hate imo.

That said: how do you lose to Nick Foles and Eli Manning 2x in the SB?

The Patriots however, I think we're all just a little done with and in my case- I honestly am a bit underwhelmed.

I agree with you to an extent. That said, how much of their division is poor because of the other teams and how much is because of them? Probably some of both, but IMO, they're the greater factor. And yes, playing in that Division almost assures them of a 1st-round bye which is huge.

But they thing about the Super Bowls they lost or should've kind of evens itself out. E.g., they should've won the 1st NY game and would've had Assante Samuel not dropped a gift interception. And there was a measure of fortune on Philly's part in their win last year - the league definitely changed how they officiated catches in that game after the debacle in Pittsburgh. Not taking anything away from Philly because they were creative and, in the end, make a defensive play to win the game, but they had some plays go their way that wouldn't have just a few weeks earlier. I guess my point is there are things and singular plays in every game that significantly impact the outcome. That can account for making it to or winning a single Super Bowl, but not when a team does it consistently like NE has. I respect the heck out of them and, in particular, Tom Brady. Maybe he's a PoS in his private life, but his public persona to me is class and that normally carries over to private.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I predicted back when he won his third that he'll win 7. Brady's not done.

I am hanging my prediction on Time, and the tiny little thin hope that AFC (esp east) would man up and make it a completion even in their conference

:cool:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You sound like a hater

:clap:
You can only beat the teams that line up against you.
Credit the Patriots for being better than their competition, regardless the year.