Super Bowl LV Recorded Worst Viewer Ratings In 14 Years

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The NFL thinks the whole “passing of the torch” & Brady being in a zillionth Super Bowl is great for ratings, the rest of the world doesn’t care. Bills/Packers would have been a far better game.
th

"One could argue politics, one could argue the lopsided game, and another could argue Covid-19.Perhaps it was a combination of all three." Super Bowl LV generated 96.4 million total viewers across both live TV and streaming services, CBS Sports said Tuesday.

It’s the least-watched Super Bowl since the Colts and Bears averaged 93.2 million viewers on CBS in 2007."The Super Bowl ratings are in, and they are not good."https://dailysnark.com/2021/02/09/super-bowl-lv-recorded-worst-viewer-ratings-in-14-years/

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a wise guy here, but what fan would care? I watched the game and don't care if they got half the ratings. That means nothing to your casual fan. We can't talk about some of the things mentioned above.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I stared at my phone for most of it and went to bed at end of the 3rd quarter. Usually I have a SB party and have everyone over but here we are.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Have they adjusted the antiquated methods in which they judge viewership? It always came across as a poorly set up method for determining the number of viewers in the past and now with streaming services, I highly doubt the accuracy of the ratings system. Mostly though I'm going to chalk it up to it just being an incredibly strange year.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
A ton of people are telling us exactly why they are not tuning in, yet we keep looking for other explanations. With Covid restrictions the viewership should have skyrocketed, yet it did not.

InTheZone

Reaction score
When the game is more about things we cant talk about here there's your explanation. As stated viewership should, without a doubt, be setting records. You have two of the greatest qbs and one who is a once in a lifetime player going at it. Sorry, but online streams wouldnt put a dent in tv ratings for this game.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Have they adjusted the antiquated methods in which they judge viewership? It always came across as a poorly set up method for determining the number of viewers in the past and now with streaming services, I highly doubt the accuracy of the ratings system. Mostly though I'm going to chalk it up to it just being an incredibly strange year.
They lowered the standard to qualify views...meaning they tried to find ways to get it higher and it still fell short.

joseephuss

Reaction score
A ton of people are telling us exactly why they are not tuning in, yet we keep looking for other explanations. With Covid restrictions the viewership should have skyrocketed, yet it did not.

Why should it have skyrocketed? In a typical year, many SB viewers aren't football fans and are only watching at parties. Fewer parties this year reduced viewership.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Why should it have skyrocketed? In a typical year, many SB viewers aren't football fans and are only watching at parties. Fewer parties this year reduced viewership.
People are bored to tears and starving for entertainment.

EST_1986

Reaction score
its a game where people create parties around it, covid restrictions and responsible people would prevent such parties

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

EST_1986

Reaction score
Why would that factor into the ratings? If you have fewer people in the stands, in bars or at SB parties then that means more TV sets and more streaming services would have been used, right? Their viewership can still be tracked.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/seamus...-and-how-are-they-calculated/?sh=53afbb0556e0
or they just don't care for the game. I give a rats *** about ratings anyway, I watch the game, I enjoy the game. Could care less if Lester from three doors down is watching.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The NFL thinks the whole “passing of the torch” & Brady being in a zillionth Super Bowl is great for ratings, the rest of the world doesn’t care. Bills/Packers would have been a far better game.
th

"One could argue politics, one could argue the lopsided game, and another could argue Covid-19.Perhaps it was a combination of all three." Super Bowl LV generated 96.4 million total viewers across both live TV and streaming services, CBS Sports said Tuesday.

It’s the least-watched Super Bowl since the Colts and Bears averaged 93.2 million viewers on CBS in 2007."The Super Bowl ratings are in, and they are not good."https://dailysnark.com/2021/02/09/super-bowl-lv-recorded-worst-viewer-ratings-in-14-years/

Hey NFL! Having a ratings problem in the Super Bowl? How about letting the Cowboys play in the SB? That always helps with ratings!