Super Bowl or Bust. How long does Mike get?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The idea of an ultimatum was entirely because it was his 9th year. That’s not to say people wouldn’t have had high expectations for this season with a new coach in his first or second year, but nobody would go have dreamed up the idea of a ultimatum of NFC Championship or get fired with a coach in his first or second year.
I don’t agree. I think the ultimatum was more about this team and roster expectations. The fans might have parlayed the 9 year tenure as more ammo to fire him but I dont believe our ownership was lumping it in.

This is more about the expectations of this core talent and roster.

And if you believe Mike has 3-5 years to have more success than Garrett did with this team then we’ll just have to disagree.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t agree. I think the ultimatum was more about this team and roster expectations. The fans might have parlayed the 9 year tenure as more ammo to fire him but I dont believe our ownership was lumping it in.

This is about this roster and expectations of this core talent and roster.

then you completely missed the context of the topic, just as you missed that there was never any evidence an ultimatum of The NFC Championship ever existed. And this conversation has no hope of getting less ridiculous, so I’m going to bed. Goodnight

Diehardblues

Reaction score
then you completely missed the context of the topic, just as you missed that there was never any evidence an ultimatum of The NFC Championship ever existed. And this conversation has no hope of getting less ridiculous, so I’m going to bed. Goodnight
I created the topic. I’m not sure you grasped the context or intent.

I believe Mike has 2 years to take this talent further than Garrett did.

And that’s being generous. I think he might need more than that. Is that a ridiculous mandate. Perhaps but not based on why we made this decision and expectations of this roster IMO.
Goodnight

InTheZone

Reaction score
I would say playoffs, but I also need to see vast improvement at key positions, QB DT LB CB. Only way he gets a short leash is if he keeps the weak links like Garrett did and we continuously find ourselves making the same mistakes. We don't need pet players, we need playmakers.

Before the season ended I said a lot of players played their last season in Dallas if Garrett is gone, regardless of their contract. I hope this is true for certain players.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
My over /under is 2 years.

If we haven’t made a Super Bowl in 2 years he’s toast.

If we miss playoffs again could be one and done.

Ultimately this team will be coached by Witten...

In the mean time, McCarthy gets a few years... he has success...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

LMAO...................so Garrett gets 10 years, but Big Mike has to win the SB in 2 yrs or he is out?

Hilarious how the Garrett fan boys are all of sudden demanding bowl runs yet totally defended their boy winning jack for a decade:lmao2:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Right. That’s why we’re having a coaching change.

Same rules apply. Question is ?? How long does Mike get.

Same rules apply you say....................Garrett got 10 and won NOTHING!!!

So I think Big Mike should get at least half the time Clappy got, if we are going to be fair about it.

Like you said, same rules apply.;)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If all this team needed was championship caliber coaching why wouldn’t we expect to make it this year?

Haven't you been saying like forever that we are a "talent dependent" franchise and coaching didnt matter with this toxic environment?

Or was that just lip service to defend your boy who was such an epic failure?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So , Mike was brought in to retool or build a team already poised and talented enough to contend for a championship . Doesn’t add up Rogers??

This hire was to win now not 3-5 years from now.

And I applaud the hire but my expectations are elevated. Aren’t yours??

I thought you said you were hopeless as long as Jerry owned the team because he created such a toxic environment that no coach could succeed. That is why we were "talent dependent" as you said a million times on this board. So, why the big change all of a sudden?

Oh, I get it.........that only applied to Garrett and his laughable record.

New guy has to win and win right now because this roster is Championship caliber........LMAO

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think he has until Sean Payton's contract expires. lol

But seriously, I fear that Jerry has set the bar too high b/c he thinks the team is ready now. But Jerry only looks at the stars and not the rest of the roster. Sure we have some stars, but the roster is thin. Our secondary is a mess and we are about to lose are best CB. Who knows what we have at LB after last year. The DL is soft in the middle and there is no depth at any level.

Not sure Nolan is a miracle worker.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yet your hero Garrett was here for 10 years with nothing more than a divisional round game.

Once again your ability to make a rational prediction is laughable.

And I see you are already betting against McCarthy. I guess he isn't the lovable puppet that Garrett was eh? LOL

Pathetic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think he has until Sean Payton's contract expires. lol

But seriously, I fear that Jerry has set the bar too high b/c he thinks the team is ready now. But Jerry only looks at the stars and not the rest of the roster. Sure we have some stars, but the roster is thin. Our secondary is a mess and we are about to lose are best CB. Who knows what we have at LB after last year. The DL is soft in the middle and there is no depth at any level.

Not sure Nolan is a miracle worker.

If anyone has studied Jerry the last 10 years its that he hates change at the HC level. He preaches continuity.