Super Bowl Winning QB's

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Foles hasn't done anything as a starter. Great as a back up. We'll see if the "hasn't done anything as a starter" continues this year
“Foles (6-feet-6, 243 pounds), an eight-year NFL veteran, started 13 games for the Eagles the past two seasons with a 10-3 record. Foles quarterbacked all five Eagles postseason games the past two seasons with a record of 4-1,” Oeher wrote.( this is better than most other qb's
in the nfl
)

Foles is expected to come in and add more stability to the most important position on the field. He will also be reunited with John DiFilippo, who served as the the Eagles quarterbacks coach in 2017 when Foles led Philadelphia to a win over New England in Super Bowl 52.
(this could be important)

The deal Foles signed was reported to be four-year contract worth $88 million that could pay him $102 million. The deal reportedly includes $50.1 million in guarantees, according to Oehser.(that is 22 mil a year, I guess more if he gets them into playoffs and can win some postseason games.
that is fairly cheap, I hope he does well, and they have a good defense.)

Bortles was the Jaguars first pick in the 2014, He was the third pick overall. Bortles finished career with 103 touchdown passes and 75 interceptions.
Took 5 years for them to realize he was a bust.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Foles hasn't done anything as a starter. Great as a back up. We'll see if the "hasn't done anything as a starter" continues this year

Foles had one of the great all-time seasons, starting 10 games and appearing in another 3, in 2013. 3rd highest passer rating in NFL history (119.2). Best TD/INT ratio in NFL history (27/2) and league leading yards/attempt (9.1).

pancakeman

Reaction score
Dak’s rise in the ranks will be due to both improving with experience, and some of these geezers retiring. Powered by those two factors, it may well be dramatic in coming years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Heres some of the up and coming young QB’s most likely to be the next Super Bowl winning QB.

Mahommes, Chiefs
Goff, Rams
Wentz, Eagles
Mayfield, Browns
Luck, Colts

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Quarterbacks don't win super bowls, teams do. Foles is not better than Brady, the Eagles were better than the Patriots. The QBs give you an advantage, but that only goes so far. You still need the team around you or a HOF QB can be beaten by a bum. Its happened.
I’d agree in premise but Foles MVP performance in Super Bowl did outshine HOF Brady.

Sometimes it’s about a player that isn’t considered Elite having a signature game.

Foles elevated his game making some great throws on the biggest stages in 2017 playoffs and Super Bowl.

Flamma

Reaction score
Foles elevated his game making some great throws on the biggest stages in 2017 playoffs and Super Bowl.

Yeah. Give him another team like that and he'll probably do it again. It's part of the reason Wentz was having an MVP year. I look at it a little differently than most. We all know quarterbacks can elevate their team to a higher level. But what happens when it's still not good enough? Very few QBs go into the playoffs against a better team and beat them at home or in the SB. It happens sometimes but it's rare. Back during the Hail Mary game the Vikings were the better team. There was no quit in Roger and he made some passes I still remember to this day. Under duress. I've seen Elway do it a few times. Brady a few also. I'm sure there are more, I just can't remember them at the moment.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah. Give him another team like that and he'll probably do it again. It's part of the reason Wentz was having an MVP year. I look at it a little differently than most. We all know quarterbacks can elevate their team to a higher level. But what happens when it's still not good enough? Very few QBs go into the playoffs against a better team and beat them at home or in the SB. It happens sometimes but it's rare. Back during the Hail Mary game the Vikings were the better team. There was no quit in Roger and he made some passes I still remember to this day. Under duress. I've seen Elway do it a few times. Brady a few also. I'm sure there are more, I just can't remember them at the moment.
I agree. We often call those signature plays or games.

That was always my criticism of Romo. Never had those signature plays or games on the biggest stages. Came close in Green Bay with the No Catch.

Most of the greats or SB winning QB do unless you have a generational defense like Bucs did with Dilfer or Giants with Hostetler. We’re going to need a much greater defense with Dak.

And Egirls had a top 5 defense but not generational. Everyone was counting them out after Wentz went down and Foles performed like a seasoned veteran. Despite not being an Elite QB he deserves credit for rising to the occasion.

And remember while we knocked off a better Vikings team with Hail Mary our Cinderella season ran out in Super Bowl against Steelers.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I’d agree in premise but Foles MVP performance in Super Bowl did outshine HOF Brady.

Sometimes it’s about a player that isn’t considered Elite having a signature game.

Exactly right. And Brady passed for over 500 yards in his defeat, which is a Super Bowl record. Foles is definitely clutch.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It’s kind of weird. The 20 years all superbowls were either won by Brady, manning or Big Ben
Bro, I'm not following yer' mathematical cyphering in this 20 year super bowl equation,,,as of the the 3 q.b's mentioned winning multiple rings only account for a total of 10 wins/years ,with a remaining 5 other single ring winners,,,what am I missing ? Help me out.

* while I have been drinking already, I do not believe it's of a contributing factor to my befuddled perplexation of this wooden shoe thrust into my Wheelhouse's turning gearboxo_O

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
Bro, I'm not following yer' mathematical cyphering in this 20 year super bowl equation,,,as of the the 3 q.b's mentioned winning multiple rings only account for a total of 10 wins/years ,with a remaining 5 other single ring winners,,,what am I missing ? Help me out.

* while I have been drinking already, I do not believe it's of a contributing factor to my befuddled perplexation of this wooden shoe thrust into my Wheelhouse's turning gearboxo_O
I should of stated that Super Bowls they played in. And I’m also counting Both Manning’s.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
How is their current age relevant to how old they actually were when they won a super bowl?

Great Question. Please share your research...

Research on what? It's not my thread. I just replied with a question. Which I notice you didn't answer.

* ya,,,er,,, I personally didn't equate the current listed age of the q.b.'s in the O.P. to being deemed of any pertinence,,, I mean,like, that Brady =x6 negates that concepts vector straight outta' the gate, although, the listing of current age is helpful in supporting the key point in illustrating the threads
" currently active " angle in reaching that expiration date on the product:laugh:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
:thumbup::thumbup:
I should of stated that Super Bowls they played in. And I’m also counting Both Manning’s.
Oooohhhhhh!,,,deploying the ol' plurality of manningism on me ,eh?,,, how many S.B. Rings did Peyton wrangle thru conquest& dope anyway,,,2 ?,,, which my Jethro bodeanie brain sez' the total is still up to only 17,,,er,,,or maybe 18 as it's wholly dependant upon which day of the week it is, as the NSA makes me into a psychic spy for them on certain odd dated numbered Wednesdays ,but only in R-less month's of the year(I thought the thread was specific in that whole aspect of
" CURRENTLY ACTIVE RING WEARING CHAMPION Q.B.'s",,,but,,, whew,thanks for lining me out in my perceived confusion,my Friend):thumbup:

Last edited:

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
:thumbup::thumbup:
Oooohhhhhh!,,,deploying the ol' plurality of manningism on me ,eh?,,, how many S.B. Rings did Peyton wrangle thru conquest& dope anyway,,,2 ?,,, which my Jethro bodeanie brain sez' the total is still up to only 17,,,er,,,or maybe 18 as it's wholly dependant upon which day of the week it is, as the NSA makes me into a psychic spy for them on certain odd dated numbered Wednesdays ,but only in R-less month's of the year(I thought the thread was specific in that whole aspect of
" CURRENTLY ACTIVE RING WEARING CHAMPION Q.B.'s",,,but,,, whew,thanks for lining me out in my perceived confusion,my Friend):thumbup:
Lmao... I answered the original thread question. Then I threw in my 2 cent opinion. My follow up question to you is, in a Christopher Walkin voice... Does your mother sew?

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Lmao... I answered the original thread question. Then I threw in my 2 cent opinion. My follow up question to you is, in a Christopher Walkin voice... Does your mother sew?
:lmao: " My •• Mother, , she was a • Fabulous Seamstress •••Yes!"

:lmao2:
* did he do a interview in where that was a question, once?:lmao2:

** man alive, I've got a nephew, he's one of a set of twin boy's whose got such an hilarious mimical ability on Christopher Walken, it'll chill you to the point,that I'd be telling him to STOP, cuz' it would start to creep me out,,,:lmao:

( man, that was prolly 30 years ago& he was around 10 or 12 y.o.,,,I ain't seen him since)