Twitter: Swaim possibly out for the year

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Feel bad for the guy, but out of all the positions on the team TE seems to have the narrowest margin of talent between the 2nd and 3rd string. In other words I think Dalton or Blake could play more snaps without seeing much difference or dropoff. I still don't know why we had to carry 4 TEs this year though.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Everyone's first reaction of course is "LOL, Swaim's a JAG", but this is a bigger problem than it might appear. Swaim was the only TE on the roster who consistently knew his assignment. I'm not saying the only one who was good at his assignment, I'm talking about the only guy who actually knew what he was doing on the football field. Our TE group is literally that bad.

They'll probably run a committee with the other 3 TEs we have left (and hey, we run plenty of 3 TE packages anyway! :thumbdown:), but it's going to be a major liability from here on out. Schultz is the only receiving threat I see, he can at least catch a 5 yard pass and fall down, whereas Jarwin and Rico even struggle with that. All of them will routinely mess up and get beat as blockers.

If Scott Linehan has two functioning brain cells, he'll start to use more spread sets and/or Olawale instead of playing Schultz or any of those bums, but we know that this offense doesn't adapt to players.

jrumann59

Reaction score
so unless they make the playoffs its season ending. 6-8 weeks even with hardware puts him at week 17.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
He might just need to come out of retirement before he gets fired from the booth. Love Witten but he’s an awful color guy.

Absolutely. He was brutal tonight and he hasn't gotten any better from week 1.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but don't think so, Swaimy is one of those always injured players... ins't he like out a few weeks EVERY season!! Good grief, put Rico in and let it rip...I still believe with MORE playing time and snaps, him and Dak could get on a solid page and make good things happen. This TE by committee crap is getting old.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Next man up... Opportunity for Shultz and Jarwin.. its bad short week to have guys go down or missing , Swaim and Gallup out and TA still gone..Twill may not be in our future plans but he could be helping.. Now Hurns gets a much lager role..