Twitter: Swaim possibly out for the year

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Maybe they got him in, and just didn't think he had the juice. But how horrible would he have to be to justify not using him, considering the JV TEs we keep putting on the field?

They have targeted him *once* all year. Caught it.

He was supposed to be a FB who actually gave you something as a threat on the field, both running and receiving. He's not a hammer. Less of blocker than the guy we gave up. But he's a guy who can do other things. That's what made him make sense. And they only let him block.

There's no proof he could do better, and there won't be as long as they don't use him. 1 touch all year. Jourdan Lewis has more touches on offense.

The joy of a Garrett coached team.
Good post:thumbup:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
so unless they make the playoffs its season ending. 6-8 weeks even with hardware puts him at week 17.
Just tape/ splint that ****er up & keep rolling with the #87 ,,,he'll adjust/ compensate

* I kinda' speak from experienceo_O

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but don't think so, Swaimy is one of those always injured players... ins't he like out a few weeks EVERY season!! Good grief, put Rico in and let it rip...I still believe with MORE playing time and snaps, him and Dak could get on a solid page and make good things happen. This TE by committee crap is getting old.
The lack of quality TE is huge in this offense.

Until that gets grooved..

the passing offense is still off balance.

If we are not keeping him to play..

then play him now.

We have numerous Top Picks on the OL even with the injuries.

Surely they can block without a TE also.

Earn their money and let Rico have a chance.

All we need is 3-5 catches a game from him on Red zone throws.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
A broken jaw couldn't keep Witten off the field!!! :thumbup:
:lmao2:
Ya,that #82 is sorely missed& was the best T.E. this team will have ever fielded,,,although we're still drawing his mandatory false start per game flag but not enjoying much of anything else from his vacated position.:starspin:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
This is going to be a significant loss. Make fun if you guys want but he has been a playmaker for the team this year.
He's basically the guy that defenses leave open. His average separation ranks 5th in the league.

Whoever takes his place will see some targets, and will have the potential to be very productive.

cern

Reaction score
move on from swaim. he's possibly more prone to injury than even sean lee. but without the outstanding performances on the field when he's playing.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since the Chiefs played last night, call up the owner and see if we can rent Kelce for Thursday. Jerry can afford a million for one game.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I still don't know why they have treated Olawale like a second class citizen.

I mean, they traded for him, right? If all they wanted was a sometime fullback, why not just save themselves the bother?

Because they want a part-time fullback who can actually play the role.

I would like to see Olawale out there more, He played 10 snaps Sunday, which was 15.6 percent (his second best percentage of the season). He also had 14 on special teams, though, but I would like to see him more out there with the offense and actually being used in the passing game.

ksadler1

Reaction score
That's too bad. I really like Swaim but it's just another excuse for Jerry to keep Garrett...

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

There is nothing solid abo

There is nothing solid about 1 TD a year. Even the Sportswriters are drinking the everydown te koolaide. Thank God he finally got hurt so we don't have to watch those 3 yard checkdowns passes. Swaim is the worst receiver in the league. Todd Archer is an idiot for saying swaim is a solid te. Hurry and fire this coaching staff and take Todd Archer with them