Syd's First Mock

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm sorry to keep bringing this up but drafting Loki futo, whom you've mocked to the cowboys ,would give the cowboys two one techs. It seems to be some sort of cognitive dissonance. I might be wrong but I believe reader has more sacks than woods over the course of his career.I really dont get this need to browbeat anyone who talks about signing another one tech or drafting another one tech.
It is highly unlikely the cowboys would decide future changes to their roster based on anything posted here.
Also the cowboys have looked into a upgrade
At safety last offseason and during their bye week this year
My point is you don't need to PAY two of them, of course you need depth. That's especially true if you're drafting another tackle as well.

Fotu is a 1T but he's athletic, not just a plug, and he costs next to nothing.

It's not browbeating, it's just a discussion. This board is overly sensitive sometimes.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I won't get into the actual numbers since its really a crap shoot trying to guess all of this but here's what my first roster foray:

- Sign or tag Dak, sign or tag Cooper (one signs, one is tagged)
- Sign Thomas
- Sign Quinn
- Sign Lee (I think he'll be cheap at this point)
- Sign Cobb
- Sign Collins

- See ya to Witten, Crawford, Jones, etc. You probably might need to restructure a guy or two like Martin or Lawrence. Jones was a tough call but typically, CBs seem to get overpaid and while I really like him and think he's a really good CB, I think a remake of the secondary might be in order here.

FAs:

- DJ Reader, NT
- Ha Ha Clinton Dix, FS
- Possibly a cheap vet DE like a Hyder again
- Swing OT, Fleming has to go

Draft (I used Fanspeak's mock simulator and used Bleacher Report's big board)

1st - Fulton, CB, LSU
2nd - Davis, DT, Bama
3rd - Bryant, TE, UW
4th - Blackmon, S, Utah
5th - Johnson, WR, Minn
5th - Quarterman, LB, Miami
7th - Highsmith, DE, Charlotte

Not totally geeked by how the draft went down (I am mixed on taking a CB in the first but he was the best player left on their board factoring in a bit of need).

Very nice! I absolutely love the idea of doubling down on S and DT in both FA and the draft.