T NEW needs to keep his big mouth shut... recap added

triplets92

Reaction score
He's on ESPN givng the stupid media all the fuel they need to keep this idiotic T.O. story burning

**ADMIN EDIT**

Recap by parcells316
-mentioned its he said she said right now.
-feels T.O. should get the ball more. guys on defense want him to get the ball cause it fires up the whole team and they are more successful when he gets it.
-even guys on defense are wondering why Witten gets all the balls.
-(asked about chemistry) Last year we had great chemistry, this year I don't know. There isn't accountability with the players and especially the coaches. Hard to respect the coaches when they don't take blame.
- (asked for specific examples) I don't want to get into specifics here
- as a leader will talk to Romo and TO and try to get them together today on the practice field.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
triplets92;2483537 said:
He's on ESPN givng the stupid media all the fuel they need to keep this idiotic T.O. story burning

I'm watching, I haven't seen TNew on any of it.

triplets92

Reaction score
there talking about it on 1st and ten. He was talking about how he thinks T.O. should get the ball more and how guys are coming up to TO and asking him why he isnt getting the ball more. It shows that the the team is split between tony guys and TO guys. I wish people would jusy shut up

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If Newman is actually saying these things to the media it is a legitimate issue.

Hold on, it is Newman. Nevermind.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
triplets92;2483547 said:
there talking about it on 1st and ten. He was talking about how he thinks T.O. should get the ball more and how guys are coming up to TO and asking him why he isnt getting the ball more. It shows that the the team is split between tony guys and TO guys. I wish people would jusy shut up

I don't think its that.

Im a Tony, TO, and Jason guy.

But I do find myself yellng about Owens not getting the ball.

He should get the ball more than what he does.

Brian Broadus said after he reviewed film that Patrick Crayton was open a lot vs Pittsburgh and just didn't get the ball thrown to him.

There is validity to the receivers nots getting the ball.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
triplets92;2483547 said:
Right, because if you question why TO (and other receivers) isn't getting more passes, you're automatically against Romo.

ethiostar

Reaction score
triplets92;2483547 said:

That's a big leap.

Alexander

Reaction score
theogt;2483556 said:
Right, because if you question why TO (and other receivers) isn't getting more passes, you're automatically against Romo.

Owens is getting plenty of passes. Romo practically forces at least one or two of them to him per game, often with disasterous results. If the players are feeding Owens' irrational belief system that he isn't getting the ball enough, then something could very well be in play.

Do not forget that there were rumors the defense was grumbling about Romo's miscues after the Cincinnati game.

triplets92

Reaction score
theogt;2483556 said:

I wasn't saying that anyone was aginst TO or Tony but it does show that there is people who think Jason should get those catches and theres people who think TO should get more...the locker room is not united right now but it's not to the point that theres a full out war

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't know what ESPN channel you are watching but I have yet to see Newman on my screen. It's 54" I'm sure I'm not missing him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Newman said that the coaches need to accept some of the accountability for things going wrong, and that because they don't players don't have respect for them.

As for Newman shutting up, sometimes things reach a boiling point and people exploded or feel compelled to talk.

Remember, the Giants went through this too when they criticized or rebelled against Coughlin.

Hope the situation turns out the same.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Alexander;2483559 said:
Owens is getting plenty of passes. Romo practically forces at least one or two of them to him per game, often with disasterous results. If the players are feeding Owens' irrational belief system that he isn't getting the ball enough, then something could very well be in play.

Do not forget that there were rumors the defense was grumbling about Romo's miscues after the Cincinnati game.
It's bizarre. Tony almost never throws to TO unless he's triple covered. Of course, he's almost always double or triple covered. The solution would be to get RW11 and Crayton more involved. But that ain't happening either for some reason. When's the last time Crayton caught a 3rd down conversion? He used to money on those.

This is all blown out of proportion based on the one game, though. He'll bounce back and everyone will forget it.

Wood

Reaction score
hate to say it...but same thing happend in philly. Locker room became divided then hugh douglas went after TO in physical confrontation and then owner knew he had to let TO go.

Alexander

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2483566 said:
Newman said that the coaches need to accept some of the accountability for things going wrong, and that because they don't players don't have respect for them.

As for Newman shutting up, sometimes things reach a boiling point and people exploded or feel compelled to talk.

Remember, the Giants went through this too when they criticized or rebelled against Coughlin.

Hope the situation turns out the same.

So now we have a player uprising against Wade Phillips and his staff?

What a dysfunctional mess if true.

triplets92

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483565 said:
I don't know what ESPN channel you are watching but I have yet to see Newman on my screen. It's 54" I'm sure I'm not missing him.

he wasn't there it was a phone interview

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2483565 said:
Are you watching ESPN First Take? That's on ESPN2, not ESPN.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CATCH17;2483555 said:
I don't think its that.

Im a Tony, TO, and Jason guy.

But I do find myself yellng about Owens not getting the ball.

He should get the ball more than what he does.

Brian Broadus said after he reviewed film that Patrick Crayton was open a lot vs Pittsburgh and just didn't get the ball thrown to him.

There is validity to the receivers nots getting the ball.

He was right, Crayton was open for a couple of really big plays, inlcuding one fairly easy TD.

It's never going to be perfect, he isnt going to drop back 30 times, complete 30 passes and throw 10 tds. But he could do a little better of seeing the field I think. There are times he does lock on Owens or Witten (and most often it is Owens IMO) and throws a poor pass or has a pick, when even with the TV coverage you can see someone else who was open for an easy completion.