Video: T.O. discusses time in Dallas, issues with Romo, Witten, Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

21,246 Messages
    41,454 Likes Received
  2. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

11,426 Messages
    31,412 Likes Received
    He shouldve never been released

I just know that snake Garrett was fully behind this

3. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

23,299 Messages
    12,210 Likes Received
    shut up TO...you don't matter.....you suck.

4. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

10,058 Messages
    7,378 Likes Received
    They told me on here TO got scared of Witten lol. Skip got trash sources in Dallas.

And Garrett is a coward of course

5. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

28,884 Messages
    60,465 Likes Received
    Released TO then made the idiotic Roy Williams trade.

Horns fans got mad at me for calling it a dumb deal but it proved to be a dumb deal. Dude never had a 40-catch season for the Cowboys.

6. jwooten15

jwooten15 Well-Known Member

11,564 Messages
    27,536 Likes Received
    Say what you want about T.O., the guy was an unbelievable talent.

I’m not saying I fully believe his claims that Witten and Garrett and Romo were the sole cause of TOs release, but I definitely do think there’s at least partial truth to it. Those three guys had a well-documented bromance.

TO was no angel and he was a diva, but man, those were some fun years when he had a star on his helmet

7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

21,246 Messages
    41,454 Likes Received
    Can we all admit that Garrett, Witten, and Romo had an active cabal around here for a decade? Why can't people admit this?

8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

21,246 Messages
    41,454 Likes Received
    One of Jerry's biggest mistakes is giving up on T.O. too soon. It was the coaching staff that needed to be replaced, dummy. :facepalm:

9. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

16,272 Messages
    13,004 Likes Received

TO had regressed a bit, but to release him and then use significant draft and cap resources for a LESSER player was beyond idiotic.

10. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    11,367 Messages
    39,290 Likes Received
    The value of any player to a team is not just stats- yards and TDs. Ultimately, the value of any player IMO is directly related to how well they help the team WIN.

If winning is the end goal, talent alone is NOT enough to make a team a contender. Talent must be part of the total puzzle. Mental and physical toughness, unity of purpose, having the right role players and depth all play huge roles in winning. Until proven otherwise, I don’t think Jerry and his sidekick son really know what they’re doing regarding roster building to win. Those 3 SB rosters were built by a HOF coach and I’ve yet to see JJ prove he can do that on his own. He’s an expert at making money. He’s below average as a talent evaluator and team builder.

TO was a great talent who I don’t think was a fit with the team Bill P was trying to build.

coogrfan, JBond, Reality and 11 others like this.
  11. calico

calico Well-Known Member

5,442 Messages
    2,259 Likes Received
    Watching him run in open space once he got moving was a sight to behold.

12. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

16,234 Messages
    22,337 Likes Received
    100 percent. However. TO was going off in the media saying throw the ball to me and when Romo did Owens dropped a huge third down that cost us the game. That’s how I remember it at least

Scotman likes this.
  13. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

22,532 Messages
    31,956 Likes Received
    When TO made a business decision and gave up on a play in his last season he had to be cut. I was clamoring for it all that season on here.

14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

104,398 Messages
    33,281 Likes Received
    TO managed to run himself off other teams as well. Trying to figure out how it was Garrett fault when people say Garrett was a puppet HC?

Whyjerry likes this.
  15. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Well-Known Member

3,713 Messages
    4,296 Likes Received
    Great talent to the end, but a horrible teammate. Too bad he played a team sport.

16. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

7,124 Messages
    4,251 Likes Received
    It isn't that I don't believe they conspired to get rid of him. I feel watching that interview there a lot of details missing from T.O.'s perspective, moreso I think there had to be a confrontation that he simply "forgot" about. I think T.O. tends to get into a huffy exchange every now and then because he always acted like a wounded person that lashed out. Really the guy was so emotional I can't see him not getting into verbal fights.

17. BotchedLobotomy

BotchedLobotomy Wide Right

13,825 Messages
    19,451 Likes Received
    T.O. was never a real Cowboy. He was a player that got to wear the uniform for a few years.

coogrfan, charron, aikemirv and 6 others like this.
  18. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

24,955 Messages
    25,124 Likes Received
    He clearly was a bad team mate. But could play. Lol. He might be able to still play. Just emotional guy.

Swagger likes this.
  19. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

48,570 Messages
    26,462 Likes Received
    TO was his own worst enemy.

20. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

11,426 Messages
    31,412 Likes Received
    Garrett wasnt the coach here at the time, it was Wade.

What Garrett did to TO, was the same thing that Linehan did with Dez…