Video: T.O. discusses time in Dallas, issues with Romo, Witten, Garrett

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Typical Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. Trade for a WR on a 0-16 team that was going to get released at the end of the season due to the young and Hall of Fame WR depth.
Jerry plays fantasy football....there was a lot of rumors that the coaches didn't want Roy and Jerry went ahead and did it anyway

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When it comes to bad teammate or cancer.....guess T.O. performance in the SB for Philly, signing a waiver to play, and ballin'.....is simply going to be dismissed completely, discarded, dismissed, overlooked, or simply thrown away. On the other hand, a trip to Cabo by our "leadership" (and publicized by the media) gets excuses or downplay before a "big" game. C'mon Posters! Anybody else would be marveled about. Jack Youngblood got praised and commended.

As for McNabb......Shanahan replaced him mid-stream with Rex Grossman! due to locker room/playbook issues and made him the 3rd string QB. The Eagles traded him within the division.

As for JWitt......retired AFTER the draft.....comes back to wreck Jarwin's development with open and welcoming arms. No questions. Gruden didn't do that in Vegas to Waller (and I'm not comparing Jarwin to Waller or Waller to Witt). On the other hand, JJ parted ways with Dez (not disputing), but AFTER the market is dry. Hmmm!

As for the 'Boys.....playin' with emotion or being truthful will get you out of here. Might explain some of times we see the team come out flat in games, only to wake up too late or too far behind. (Maybe stale JGarrett/MM pre-game speeches, and no accountability). Not always performance based, it seems you have to be liked and a fan favorite, then you can "milk" a few more years on this team. When Dez got crucified against Detroit because Megatron was having a HOF game, that should have been Brandon Carr going to the staff about getting help with Megatron, instead of being left on an island, ALL game. Media and this board spun it on Dez about Megatron's performance instead of team failing to make adjustments and allowing the Lions to come back, upset them and take milk from a baby. That game showed me we were pretenders, not contenders. We've certainly seen some coaches leave us befuddled. We all know Zeke, Jaylon, and DLaw will be out of here soon, that's coming. And it will probably be a good thing for each of them.

My take.....we all got 'em. The beauty of the board.
so essentially you blamed everybody in three different organziation, coaches, players, etc. but TO is innocent!!...oookkk then

Cmac

Reaction score
so essentially you blamed everybody in three different organziation, coaches, players, etc. but TO is innocent!!...oookkk then
Nope....that's your take. I'm just not sentencing T.O. to 99 years, but sending everybody else home with a $25 fine.......just shaking the trees. That's all.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nope....that's your take. I'm just not sentencing T.O. to 99 years, but sending everybody else home with a $25 fine.......just shaking the trees. That's all.
who is sentencing him to 99 years!!! so stop being so dramatic over a has been selfish WR...three different organizations. multiple coaches and players and same issue each place...at some point its not everybody else. its TO...he is the common thread...he was a selfish, me first player who worried about how he looks and his own stats and then complained about losing, proceeded to devide locker room through incessant b!itching and complaining and never handled things right. even his induction and acceptance to HOF...show up like a man, show respect for those who came before you, worked hard and made football to what it is today including the owners, commissioners, etc. you are what you are today, you made the money today, get the TV time today not because of who you are, but because of what everybody else did to give you the opportunity to do what you do...else he would be someone nobody knew just like the rest of the population..... TO is a selfish, self centered a-hole who doesn't deserve any respect....he can go *** himself for all that matters...

Cmac

Reaction score
who is sentencing him to 99 years!!! so stop being so dramatic over a has been selfish WR...three different organizations. multiple coaches and players and same issue each place...at some point its not everybody else. its TO...he is the common thread...he was a selfish, me first player who worried about how he looks and his own stats and then complained about losing, proceeded to devide locker room through incessant b!itching and complaining and never handled things right. even his induction and acceptance to HOF...show up like a man, show respect for those who came before you, worked hard and made football to what it is today including the owners, commissioners, etc. you are what you are today, you made the money today, get the TV time today not because of who you are, but because of what everybody else did to give you the opportunity to do what you do...else he would be someone nobody knew just like the rest of the population..... TO is a selfish, self centered a-hole who doesn't deserve any respect....he can go *** himself for all that matters...

.....calm down.....you shouldn't be so heartfelt for something you and I ain't being paid for..... but then again.....let all your feelings out. Get it out. Love the passion.
OIP.YcN2YlhuCcgA8HTr7T5VAQHaEe

links18

Reaction score
Released TO then made the idiotic Roy Williams trade.

Horns fans got mad at me for calling it a dumb deal but it proved to be a dumb deal. Dude never had a 40-catch season for the Cowboys.

Actually, it was the other way around. Traded for Roy Williams and then released TO.

Havic

Reaction score
Gave up all of that for Roy Williams when we could have Boldin. Smh trade still pisses me off.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
.....calm down.....you shouldn't be so heartfelt for something you and I ain't being paid for..... but then again.....let all your feelings out. Get it out. Love the passion.
OIP.YcN2YlhuCcgA8HTr7T5VAQHaEe
I hated TO in Dallas. It was obvious it wasn't going to work out and it was a Jerry fantasy football move. Perhaps what pushed Parcels to quit before his contract ended.....

TO in Dallas was a total disaster

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I remember seeing a video where Jerry explained the line-drawing situation with TO. I can't find it, but the gist of his explanation was a line of his productivity (lower) vs a line of his antics (higher) and that they weren't on par with each other. He was probably a bit softer than my description, but that's what I gathered. If he was drunk at the time, who knows how it really came off at the dinner.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Eh, he wore his emotions on his sleeve, thats not too honest, just immaturity!
That's him being honest in the way he saw it. He answered the question asked and people couldn't handle his response.

aikemirv

Reaction score
That's him being honest in the way he saw it. He answered the question asked and people couldn't handle his response.
People handle it fine, it's immature to say it. He did not have a filter. If people don't have a filter they don't function well with others. It is THEIR problem, not the problem of those "who can't handle it" as you said.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
People handle it fine, it's immature to say it. He did not have a filter. If people don't have a filter they don't function well with others. It is THEIR problem, not the problem of those "who can't handle it" as you said.
That is the definition of being too honest. The likes of Chris Colinsworth asked him baited questions knowing that he would not hold back in his answer.

Cmac

Reaction score
Anything that puts Romo in a bad light he will support.

Don't confuse him with FACTS.
Too funny Terra. If I ever see you in the jury, I'll simply plea guilty.

But for TRomo, I did the same thing T.O. did, only many times more with "That's my quarterback!", but I'd also go with this to you:

OIP.q9pTlFtRFvrm5X_3EtuszAHaFC

Cmac

Reaction score
That is the definition of being too honest. The likes of Chris Colinsworth asked him baited questions knowing that he would not hold back in his answer.
Agree.....and that was part of the stigma with T.O.......just never became politically correct for others. We certainly see that a lot in all walks of life, now.

dwreck27

Reaction score
TO had regressed a bit, but to release him and then use significant draft and cap resources for a LESSER player was beyond idiotic.
Yup, one of the top 3 “*** are we doing” moments I’ve had as a cowboys fan. Which is saying something with this franchise

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
T.O. has always been a straight shooter, excellent teammate and never one to stir the pot. Unflappable credibility.....have to believe him on this.

FOR SALE
15847132-brooklyn-bride-in-nyc.jpg