T.O. explains tears...

juck

Reaction score
T.O. appeared on Michael Irvin's ESPN 103.3 radio show today for a wide-ranging interview (audio here) that included an explanation of why he weeped into a towel while sitting on the bench after scoring a touchdown Sunday.
He explained that a hectic week for him took a tragic turn when a family member died, news that his mother was hesitant to share with him.
"I was playing with a heavy heart," T.O. said. "Everything that happened on Sunday, I had talked [about with] my pastor Anthony Gardner out of Philadelphia the night before the game. When I got emotional, it was an anointed emotion, is what he explained to me. When it happened, I knew it was going to happen. He told me the night before it was going to happen, so when I went to the sideline, the emotions hit me."
T.O. said his postgame speech/sermon was written the night before the game.
"God was going to put me in a situation to make that statement," he said.

DMN Blog

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
It appears things aren't always as they seem or per ESPN

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I thought it was something like that.

I hope ESPN and everyone else who made fun of him feels good now.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I had a feeling something personal was going on. So sick of people jumping to conclusions.

MTCowboys88

cowboys3128
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2316899 said:
I thought it was something like that.

I hope ESPN and everyone else who made fun of him feels good now.

Exactly. They all owe him an apology - which will never happen.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
juckie;2316890 said:
T.O. appeared on Michael Irvin's ESPN 103.3 radio show today for a wide-ranging interview (audio here) that included an explanation of why he weeped into a towel while sitting on the bench after scoring a touchdown Sunday.
He explained that a hectic week for him took a tragic turn when a family member died, news that his mother was hesitant to share with him.
"I was playing with a heavy heart," T.O. said. "Everything that happened on Sunday, I had talked [about with] my pastor Anthony Gardner out of Philadelphia the night before the game. When I got emotional, it was an anointed emotion, is what he explained to me. When it happened, I knew it was going to happen. He told me the night before it was going to happen, so when I went to the sideline, the emotions hit me."
T.O. said his postgame speech/sermon was written the night before the game.
"God was going to put me in a situation to make that statement," he said.

DMN Blog

and that is exactly what it looked like. Pretty sad how the media jumped to conclusions that he was crying because of some aspect of "not getting the ball enough".

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
cowboys3128;2316905 said:

Nope. They'll turn this somehow into TO using this to become a distraction to the team.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I said all week long when he pointed to heaven and did nothing else after the TD that someone died.

People owe him an apology.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Something looked different. I dont ever remember him point to the sky. So I knew it was different.

Feel bad for the guy. THAT pain sucks.

As far as the media... they wanted to create a "beginning of an emotional meltdown"..... via the crying
Thats where slick Tom Jackson was going

POS media

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
cowboys3128;2316905 said:

Oh, they may apologize, but it will be very rehearsed and insincere, with an almost rolling their eyes type of delivery.

That way nobody can say they didn't apologize, but it won't be an actual sincere apology.

I wish someone could do something to reveal BSPN for what they really are towards Owens.

Nobody probably sees it but some Cowboys fans.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2316920 said:
I said all week long when he pointed to heaven and did nothing else after the TD that someone died.

People owe him an apology.
I asked Watkins in his chat on Monday and he said, nothing was wrong with him. That it was frustration about not getting the ball enough.

11:17 [Comment From WG]
Is something personal going on with T.O.? Odd postgame comments yesterday.

11:18
Yeah, T.O. is upset he's not getting the ball. He's an emotional guy and sometimes that works agaisnt him. Some of his teammates love it because they believe it shows he cares.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/10/cowboys-chat-1.html

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
@ khiladi I know this is off the subject but this sig is dope.. Who's the Master :bow:

Boysboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2316935 said:
I asked Watkins in his chat on Monday and he said, nothing was wrong with him. That it was frustration about not getting the ball enough.

Calvin Watkins is full of ****.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2316935 said:

Perhaps Watkins was incorrect. It wouldn't be the first time.

juck

Reaction score
I love T.O.,he is passionate and wants to win,I wanna see him holding that Lombardy up and all the haters to shut up finally.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2316935 said:

HA!

next you should ask him how he collects a paycheck

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2316935 said:

Wasn't Calvin Watkins the guy that wrote entire articles this offseason from one line text messages from players?

This guy really has his thumb on the pulse of the Dallas Cowboys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2316951 said:
Wasn't Calvin Watkins the guy that wrote entire articles this offseason from one line text messages from players?

This guy really has his thumb on the pulse of the Dallas Cowboys.

I think his thumb is somewhere else....

:rolleyes:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2316947 said:
Perhaps Watkins was incorrect. It wouldn't be the first time.

Just like last week when he reported how "multiple sources" revealed to him a "serious confrontation" Owens made to Romo in the locker room.

Actually-when he was on Babe Laughenberg on Sun night, he ADMITTED he SENSATIONALIZED that story. His response was something like, "I stand by my sources, but wide receivers confronting their quarterbacks in the locker room is something that happens all the time anyways".:bang2: